White Noise and Light randomly turning off

Answers

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 24

@chines  Our developers were able to identify the issue and are working on a fix. I can assure you when this happens, the camera is still off and isn't recording. The fix will require a firmware update to the camera - I do not have a date yet for when the fix will be released but will be sure to share an update when I have one!

• Hi,

I’m having the same issue. Although lately I’ve noticed that when I go to the crib and hear the click of the camera from maybe my motion, that triggers the white noise to shut off (it’s on continuous loop).

the light would randomly flash, but since we did a reboot, that hasn’t happened again. However the white noise getting shut off is still an issue.

• the volume for the white noise (and the other nature sounds) plays at 100% despite brining the volume down in the app. I used to be able to control this, but now it’s just too loud and unusable because the volume control is broken

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 24

Hi @hash this is not expected behavior and we weren't able to reproduce it on our end, I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket over to our support team so they can troubleshoot with you directly to get this resolved.

• Alishya
    Alishya Member
    edited February 24

I was using the white noise through my camera and then at 5am it suddenly turned up to the max and scared the baby awake. Now I can’t change the volume level too. I also couldn’t get any audio through the camera after this happened

• Megan2021
    Megan2021 Member
    edited February 24

This happens to my camera randomly. I have to end up unplugging it to reset. Quite annoying when it happens in the middle of the night

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 24

@Alishya I've submitted this over to our support team so they can take a closer look.

• Hello - we are having this same issue where the white noise randomly stops when played on infinite loop. Is there any fix from the team yet?

• nanotechnology
    edited February 24

Is firmware being updated due to hack issues? I have the same issue and had someone speck through the mic. Now I'm worried and no longer using the nanit.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 24

@nanotechnology Our team has identified an issue where the camera is rebooting itself. When the camera is turn off and the camera reboots due to this problem, the IR lights turn on. I know it can be extremely worrisome when this happens, but I can assure you that the camera is off.

If you are concerned about a possible camera breach, our team can take a closer look. We do have certain measures in place to keep the camera as safe as possible:

• Two-factor authentication
    • 256-bit data encryption
    • Video and data feeds to stay on Nanit servers
    • No use of third parties for the app and camera servers