White Noise and Light randomly turning off

1789101113»

Answers

• CPJ
    CPJ Member
    edited March 28

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with the Nanit camera like others have mentioned,my white noise and other nature sounds are not working even though the app shows it's turned on and when my baby cries I can hear that through the app,but when I talk back through the microphone on the app, its not heard on the Nanit camera, these two issues occured at the same time. Nanit team do you have any updates on the fix or do you know when will it be fixed?

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    Answer ✓

Our team is still working on identifying a fix for the white noise issue. If you haven’t tried already, I’d recommend resetting your Nanit as some users have successfully resolved the issue with these steps.

For those who continue to experience white noise irregularities after performing a reset, unfortunately the best solution is to stop using the nature sounds/white noise feature until a fix has been deployed.

In the meantime, the other features of your Nanit remain unaffected by the white noise firmware issue and should continue to function as expected. We will update this thread as soon as that fix takes place so you know when you are able to use it again!

Again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we can assure you that our team knows how much of a priority this is for our Nanit parents who have been affected.

• We have the white noise playing quietly however on various occasion the camera picture on the app freezes and this seems to cause the white noise on the camera to suddenly switch to full volume waking the baby!

This has happened on multiple occasions and really defeats the point of using the Nanit system.

Is this a known issues and is there is fix?

• We have the white noise playing quietly however on various occasion the camera picture on the app freezes and when this happens the white noise on the camera to suddenly switch to full volume waking the baby!

This has happened on multiple occasions and really defeats the point of using the Nanit!

is this a known issue and is there a fix to prevent this happening?

• NanitJessica
    edited April 13

Hi @Iknowleigh - I moved your posts to this thread as our team is still working on identifying a fix for the white noise issue. If you haven’t tried already, I’d recommend resetting your Nanit as some users have successfully resolved the issue with these steps.

If you continue to experience white noise irregularities after performing a reset, the best solution is to stop using the nature sounds/white noise feature until a fix has been deployed. We will update this thread as soon as that fix takes place so you know when you can use the white noise functionality again! In the meantime, the other features of your Nanit remain unaffected by the white noise firmware issue and should continue to function as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding!

• @NanitJessica is there an update on the issue I posted about above regarding the white noise blasting out at full volume at random? This issue is still happening!

• NanitJessica

@Iknowleigh,

Our team is still investigating the issue in regards to this but we, unfortunately, don't have any update as of this time. If the issue still persists, the best solution is to stop using the nature sounds/white noise feature until a fix has been deployed or try resetting your Nanit as some users have mentioned that this has resolved their issue.

We appreciate your patience with this issue and we're sorry that this is taking longer than expected to be fixed. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

• Kristyn_1
    Kristyn_1 Member
    edited June 2

Our white noise is also blasting to full volume randomly, we need this fixed!! If I don’t hear the increased white noise through my phone because I am sleeping, then this could be damaging my poor babies ears. We paid a lot of money for this product because as parents we want the SAFEST and most reliable product for our baby! This fix needs to be a priority as it continually happens when the nanit system glitches, which means it’s failing to provide monitoring for the breathing motion (under normal circumstances, no bad weather or internet connectivity issues).

• Ericap
    Ericap Member

All of a sudden the white noise and all other nature sounds are super loud even when we turn the volume down all the way down on the app.

• Joshua359
    Joshua359 Member
    edited June 15

We have the nanit pro.

I am using a Samsung S22 ultra and my wife has an iPhone 13. I di not know what app version we are on as I immediately reset the nanit and updated the app post issue.

We use the white noise on low volume all night (approx 25% of max). We set the nanit at around 9am and went to sleep. At around 1am, we were suddenly awoken when the white noise jump to max volume. Neither of us had touched the app. The noise volume on my app (S22 android) was showing as at the minimum and I could not control the volume at all (only noise on / off). I reset the nanit and updated the app.

The sudden and unexplained volume jump scared myself and my wife half to death. What is going on? We have lost confidence in the nanits ability to monitor our baby and are scared to use the white noise feature in case of a repeat. Please explain what caused this and why we should place our trust in this product again?