White Noise and Light randomly turning off

Hello,

I had the nanit plus and it worked great. i switched over to the Pro when it came out and i feel like i been having constant issues. One with the recording being reduce to 7 days to 3 days as a free basic user.

Although, the main concern is that since the switch when I have the White noise activated and or the light after awhile it randomly turns off, and my baby will wake up from the sudden change of white noise to zero silence. is anyone else having this issue? and or have you figured out how to fix it? never had this issue with plus and no the noise and light are not on the timer it is con the continuous loop.

Answers

• Boss
    Boss Member

We tried the Light and white noise on the Nanit but decided against light then had issues with white noise cutting in and out.

Our solution was the Hatch+ we have never had an issue with that unit. Mins you the Nanit functions should work flawlessly for the price but we figured it was better served as our breathing monitor and camera only. We did however find that the lowest setting of bandwidth along with 5GHZ channeling only on our Xfinity router did keep any issues at bay.

Customer service is great and I’m sure some software patches are incoming but this is all just my two cents.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Sharkkbaitt I'm going to submit your question as a ticket to our support team. This is not expected behavior and our support team would like to investigate further with you to resolve. You should be hearing from them soon!

• Nozi93
    Nozi93 Member

Having the same issue! Whitenoise is turning off randomly and the light all of a sudden blinks. My baby is used to having a whitenoise on whenever he sleeps. I am very unhappy with the device. It hasn’t been recording and has been acting up a lot lately. I had the camera only for 9 months

• I’m also having the issue on two of our three cameras. It’s so much fun when the sound stops and the triplets wake up 🙄

• Hello friends,

I see folks are having the same white noise issue where it cuts off sometime in the night. We are sure it’s on the infinite loop and not a timer. Our issue randomly started in early August, and all posts are recent as well.

I see a Nanit team member responded earlier but has there been a solution? We keep startling our little girl when we turn it back on :(

• We have been having exactly the same problem. The whitenoise is on infinite loop but then cuts out randomly. The only way we can get it going again without waking the baby is to turn it back on at the lowest volume then spend a few minutes gradually increasing the volume so as not to startle and wake up our snoozing girl! This cannot be the long term solution!!

Please help.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

I've gone ahead and escalated this over to our support team - to resolve the issue, they typically need a bit more information as the cause could be different for each user. They will be in touch soon!

If I have any troubleshooting tips to share for resolving white noise cutting out, I will be sure to update everyone here.

• Hi,

I’m having the same issue. Although lately I’ve noticed that when I go to the crib and hear the click of the camera from maybe my motion, that triggers the white noise to shut off (it’s on continuous loop).

the light would randomly flash, but since we did a reboot, that hasn’t happened again. However the white noise getting shut off is still an issue.

• Hello - we are having this same issue where the white noise randomly stops when played on infinite loop. Is there any fix from the team yet?

• Add me to the list, we are experiencing the exact same problem with our son’s Nanit Pro. Meanwhile, our daughter’s Nanit Plus has been rock solid for 22 months.

• We’re having the same issue! The nature sounds/white noise will stop randomly and startle our 5 month old. I’ve tried resetting our nanit (unplug for 5 mins) and uninstalling then reinstalling the app with no luck. has anyone found a solution to this? It’s brand new and too expensive to be having this type of issue.

• Rae
    Rae Member

Add me to the list. White noise just suddenly stops randomly. Was up several times last night with a startled baby in silence, and we're traveling today. Really, really annoyed. I feel like Nanit owes me the cost of our first day of this trip!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@SKACMAN @stephaniend @Rae Thank you for reporting that here! I've escalated this over to our support team so they can take a closer look at what is happening.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@SKACMAN @stephaniend @Rae We have identified the issue that is causing the irregularities with the White Noise feature.  Our team is currently working on a fix.

We will be sure to update the thread here as additional information becomes available. 

• AlA
    AlA Member

We are having the same issue. The white noise would just suddenly stop randomly and would wake our LO up prematurely.

Please look into the issue and let us know of the fixes.

• @Melanie - is there any news/progress regards the light issue?

We’ve had our Nanit Pro since June but only started using it last week. Twice (that I’m aware of) the nightlight has seemingly turned itself off when the app has been open. Definitely didn’t press the button to turn it off.