White Noise and Light randomly turning off

Sharkkbaitt
Sharkkbaitt Member
edited April 11 in Camera & App

Hello,

I had the nanit plus and it worked great. i switched over to the Pro when it came out and i feel like i been having constant issues. One with the recording being reduce to 7 days to 3 days as a free basic user.

Although, the main concern is that since the switch when I have the White noise activated and or the light after awhile it randomly turns off, and my baby will wake up from the sudden change of white noise to zero silence. is anyone else having this issue? and or have you figured out how to fix it? never had this issue with plus and no the noise and light are not on the timer it is con the continuous loop.

Best Answer

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    Answer ✓

Our team is still working on identifying a fix for the white noise issue. If you haven’t tried already, I’d recommend resetting your Nanit as some users have successfully resolved the issue with these steps.

For those who continue to experience white noise irregularities after performing a reset, unfortunately the best solution is to stop using the nature sounds/white noise feature until a fix has been deployed.

In the meantime, the other features of your Nanit remain unaffected by the white noise firmware issue and should continue to function as expected. We will update this thread as soon as that fix takes place so you know when you are able to use it again!

Again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we can assure you that our team knows how much of a priority this is for our Nanit parents who have been affected.

Answers

• Boss
    Boss Member

We tried the Light and white noise on the Nanit but decided against light then had issues with white noise cutting in and out.

Our solution was the Hatch+ we have never had an issue with that unit. Mins you the Nanit functions should work flawlessly for the price but we figured it was better served as our breathing monitor and camera only. We did however find that the lowest setting of bandwidth along with 5GHZ channeling only on our Xfinity router did keep any issues at bay.

Customer service is great and I’m sure some software patches are incoming but this is all just my two cents.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

@Sharkkbaitt I'm going to submit your question as a ticket to our support team. This is not expected behavior and our support team would like to investigate further with you to resolve. You should be hearing from them soon!

• Nozi93
    Nozi93 Member

Having the same issue! Whitenoise is turning off randomly and the light all of a sudden blinks. My baby is used to having a whitenoise on whenever he sleeps. I am very unhappy with the device. It hasn’t been recording and has been acting up a lot lately. I had the camera only for 9 months

• I’m also having the issue on two of our three cameras. It’s so much fun when the sound stops and the triplets wake up 🙄

• Hello friends,

I see folks are having the same white noise issue where it cuts off sometime in the night. We are sure it’s on the infinite loop and not a timer. Our issue randomly started in early August, and all posts are recent as well.

I see a Nanit team member responded earlier but has there been a solution? We keep startling our little girl when we turn it back on :(

• I always turn the camera off when I'm in the room with baby but this morning I was up for an early feed and saw that the lights on it were red. I thought it strange so I double checked to make sure that the camera was off and sure enough, it was. I'm a bit freaked out that I may have been hacked. Has anyone else experienced this??

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 24

@Kizzy I've gone ahead and escalated this to our support team so they can take a closer look with you. They should be in touch soon!

• We have been having exactly the same problem. The whitenoise is on infinite loop but then cuts out randomly. The only way we can get it going again without waking the baby is to turn it back on at the lowest volume then spend a few minutes gradually increasing the volume so as not to startle and wake up our snoozing girl! This cannot be the long term solution!!

Please help.

• I've gone ahead and escalated this over to our support team - to resolve the issue, they typically need a bit more information as the cause could be different for each user. They will be in touch soon!

If I have any troubleshooting tips to share for resolving white noise cutting out, I will be sure to update everyone here.

• chines
    chines Member
    edited February 24

What ever came of this? I have seen multiple posts about it and they get escalated but no follow up about it. I had the same thing happen this evening.