Orienting the nanit app properly

We love propping our iPad with the nanit app on when our baby is sleeping. When he is in his crib it doesn't really matter what the orientation is but when we put him in his travel crib, we often find the view makes the room look upside down. Is there any way to rotate the view?

Answers

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team
    edited June 7

@Koalapantsmom you can rotate the video!

If you are viewing the camera from within the app:

1. Select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
    2. A menu should come up from the bottom with an option to "Rotate Video"

If it's helpful, here is a support article with some additional tips and features when using the Nanit app on your iPad.

• @Melanie ah interesting, my husband and I can't see the "Rotate Video" option on our iPads but it does appear on our iPhone apps so we've started defaulting to phones as a solve but I'll be on the look out, it might be something we've not updated perhaps

• Tali
    Tali Member, Nanit Product Team
    edited June 9

The iPad's view should rotate if you just rotate the iPad itself, so check that the rotate is not locked.

If that didn't work, another thing you can try is:

1. Tap the three stripe menu
    2. Choose baby Settings
    3. Tap on Advanced settings
    4. Change the "crib orientation" setting

That should flip the image on the iPad, but you might need to flip it back when you go back to the birds-eye view.

• Thanks @Tali the crib orientation setting is what we ended up going with, it totally solved the problem. When it was unlocked, the graphic layer would rotate but not the view itself. Changing the crib orientation did the trick!