Breathing wear stopped in the middle of the night with no notifications or warning

I have woken up for 2 nights now and noticed that the breathing wear has stopped monitoring my child’s breathing pattern. I received no notifications or warning. This is surprising as if there was a breathing emergency at night i would not have been notified. Anyone else facing this - and any tips to avoid this??

Answers

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

If there is a red alert triggered (breathing motion monitoring would need to be activated) - you would get a notification. But, it sounds like something is causing the camera to stop the monitoring session - this can be hard to identify without us seeing exactly the setup of your crib.

Sometimes if there are other patterns or something in the crib that could cause it. However, the best course of action for us would be to take a look at your crib setup (angle of camera, etc). @rexzyn - happy to have a member of our team reach out to you so they can get a screenshot of your crib. Let me know!

Here is some more information on breathing motion monitoring that may be helpful.

• Hi @Melanie , yes - please do get a member reach out to check the settings.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@rexzyn will do!

• Hi Nanit Team,

Sane issue here… I think the problem is the app should alert us or send a notification whenever it is “searching for the breathing wear” so that we can adjust the wear or fix/re-center it on the app… instead of it just continuing to “search” without us knowing that it is no longer monitoring. This defeats the purpose of trusting the breathing wear if we’re asleep or just simply not in the app.

• @Melanie , to date - no one has gotten in touch. It happened again last night

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@rexzyn Followed up now - we should be in touch soon. Sorry for the delay!

• juldestef
    juldestef Member
    edited January 12

@Melanie — I have also had this issue several times in the last few days. My son has the same pajamas, bedsheets, and breathing band that he has been using for months, but recently the “searching for breathing wear” error has quietly popped up. It is incredibly alarming since there is no audible notification that the monitoring has stopped and I don’t know until I wake up and check it. Is this a recent software issue? What can be done to address this?

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @juldestef - I'm so sorry that you are having trouble with this. I have escalated this to our support team to take a look and provide some additional information. We will be in touch shortly!