White noise/nature sounds max volume is too low

All of a sudden the max volume for the white noise feature is super quiet. We can barely hear it. Is anyone else experiencing this? We turned it up always to make sure she didn’t hear us in the night but all of a sudden the sounds aren’t even close to the volume they used to be

Comments

• brk2021
    brk2021 Member
    edited January 26

I am having this issue with a new Nanit that we bought for a second baby (Nanit Pro versus an existing Nanit Plus). It’s especially notable and annoying because with one child the sound is loud and clear and drops to nothing when we switch to the second baby. Did you ever get resolution as the camera is no use to us for monitoring in this condition. We may as well return it.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @brk2021, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your new Nanit camera! Could you clarify whether the sound issues you are referring to is the white noise output sound (being played from the camera speaker), or the sounds coming in from the nursery (being played from your device's speaker)? Let me know and we can work to troubleshoot!

• We started having the same issue recently. It is the white noice coming from the actual camera in the nursery.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Neilcox58 - is your white noise turning off or turning on? Can you describe the issue you are having in a bit more detail to help with troubleshooting? Thank you - I look forward to hearing from you!

• Dirtybird141
    Dirtybird141 Member
    edited March 2

@NanitMackenzie I’m having the exact same issue. It’s only with the white noise sound coming out of the camera. It’s extremely soft/faint compared to what it used to be. It’s almost like a firmware update muted the sound machine portion of the camera. The sound will turn on just fine, but the volume is really low. Do you have a resolution to this?

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Dirtybird141 - thank you for taking the time to post in the community, and for providing some details about the issue you are experiencing.

If you haven't already, please try the following:

• Power cycle your camera (remove the Nanit from the stand for 5 minutes and unplug the Nanit from the wall - then plug the Nanit back into the wall and reattach the Nanit to the stand and let it boot back up)
    • While power cycling, please uninstall and reinstall the app on your device
    • Reset your Nanit (instructions here)

A few questions for you if the steps above do not resolve your issue:

• Do you know the day/time when this began?
    • Are you able to provide a recording showing how quiet/loud it is? (you can send this to me directly or post it here in the community as an attachment)

Thanks - I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Dirtybird141
    Dirtybird141 Member
    edited March 2

Hi @NanitMackenzie , I’ve tried the above steps and still the same the results. I have a screen recording where I put my phone in the crib and turned the white noise volume all the way up. I then used a decibel meter and at full volume it’s only reading around 58db. I’ll try and send you the video directly.

I’m not sure when this issue began, but I feel like it was after the latest firmware update, whenever that was a few months back.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Dirtybird141 - thank you for trying those steps and for providing some more information. I was able to access the video you messaged me - I'll follow up with you directly!

• Cinthyag
    Cinthyag Member
    edited March 8

It has almost been a week and the last update caused the sound both on Android and IOs to be off or super low. So that i can't hear my child anymore. The whole purpose of having the Nanit is to see and listen to the baby. Can we please get and ETa on when this issue will be resolved. I have emailed support about this with no answer.

• Cinthyag
    Cinthyag Member
    edited March 8

Latest app update cause sound issues on both iOS and Android even if higher than those versions