Will we ever see an "XL" sleep band size?

Brian
Brian Member

Our 13 month old is 99th percentile for weight and 93rd percentile for height. He has a healthy belly and the large bands barely hold on without us pre-stretching them quite a bit. Sometimes they pop off over night.

The L bands say 3-24 months and up to 30 pounds on them. Can we pleeeease have an XL or an extension piece like airlines have for larger passengers. 🙂

Best Answer

Answers

• CGillette
    CGillette Member
    edited February 25

Hello!

I am expecting my second baby and of course, we want to get another Nanit; however, a challenge we ran into with our first is the size of the swaddles. Our first kiddo was in 6-9 month clothing by 3 months of age and outgrew the swaddles well before he was ready (developmentally) to move to pjs and a breathing band. I would love to see larger swaddles for our tall babies and wonder if this is common in the community? Thank you!

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 25

@CGillette Congratulations on baby #2! This is great feedback that I will be sure to pass along to product (I'm sure this is already on their radar) - but it is always helpful to hear this type of information from our customers!

• @Brian Thanks so much for posting here! I've heard this feedback before - I am reaching out to our product and textile team to see what our plans are in terms of additional sizing for breathing wear. I will post back here when I hear back!

• My 13 month old is 29 lbs and 33 inches tall. We currently use the sleep sack and the breathing bands in large. I am worried that he will soon outgrow both and we won't be able to monitor his breathing. Is there any larger size breathing wear projected for the future?

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 25

@Cait Thank you for posting here and happy to hear you're using the breathing wear products! I connected with our Product team and larger sizes are on the roadmap - this is definitely feedback we have heard, but it is always helpful to hear it from more customers! I do not have a specific date yet for release, but hope to be able to share more information about our plans at the beginning of the year! If there is any other feedback you have regarding the breathing wear - please let us know! Thanks.

• We have the same question. Our 18 month is under the weight limit, but her chest is wider and the band won't fit. We love the breathwear and want to keep using.

• Kristi_Benson
    Kristi_Benson Member
    edited February 25

Nanit:

Can you please make an extra large sleep bag? My 12 month old daughter will outgrow the large 12-24 month one soon and we are not ready to not be able to use the breathing wear! Please help!

• JErskine
    JErskine Member
    edited February 25

I would be interested in an XL band too, my 15 month old will grow out of the L band soon. Thanks

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited February 25

Hi @Kristi_Benson - thank you for posting here and happy to hear you're using the breathing wear products! I connected with our Product team and larger sizes are on the roadmap - this is definitely feedback we have heard, but it is always helpful to hear it from more customers! I do not have a specific date yet for release, but hope to be able to share more information about our plans early this year! If there is any other feedback you have regarding the breathing wear - please let us know! Thanks.

• Brian
    Brian Member

Our guy had his L band pop off a few more times the past week. We considered trying a new band just in case the Velcro was worn out, but when you hold a new L band up to the one that barely fits him there’s no way a new one will get around him now. 😁 Maybe if we hang some bricks from it for a week to stretch it out.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.