Neverending sleep regression

My daughter is now 7 months. However, when she was a newborn she slept great. We had no issues with sleep until she turned 4 and 1/2 months. Since then we have had week wakings every 2 to 3 hours. I don't know what to do or how to get her to sleep longer. At this point. Point I'm desperate because I work nights get off at 1:00 a.m. and then I'm up with her every hour and a half to 2 hours. This last week she has started waking up every 45 minutes to an hour until about 4:00 a.m. when she sleeps until about 6:30 or 7! Help !!!

Comments

• What’s your method of feeding? We exclusively pump and she’s only waking once a night to feed. Right now she’s drinking 6oz of breast milk and I think that helps her sleep longer stretches.

• i’m going through the same thing exceot my baby wakes up crying inconsolably. The only way he calms down is by turning the lights on. My brother used the same so i guess it’s probably genes. However i’ve noticed that my baby has a strict bed time riutine, his night wakings are less. Try giving the baby a bath, massage a story time in a dark room and then check?

• Sorry just seeing this! She's mostly EBF during the day and at night my partner feeds her a bottle of BM. She also eats about 4 tbsp of baby puree around 6p gets a 4-5oz bottle at 7p and usually asleep by 7:30.

• So we have a pretty strict routine. She cannot have the light off because she FREAKS OUT so we have a very dim red light on in her room.

• JCol
    JCol Member
    edited December 2021

@Beansgot2mamas When your LO wakes up, does she need to be fed or is it simply that she needs to be comforted back to sleep?

Not every LO is the same, and not sure if you’ve tried, but the cry it out method was the best decision we made. When our LO started to roll on his stomach around 4.5 months we let him cry it out. Since then, he’s slept a solid 10.5-11.5 every night. He goes down between 7-8pm and wakes up around 7:15. The sleep routine helps us: eat, bathe, read bedtime books and fall asleep.