Feature Request - Turn off notifications when out of the crib

Hi All,

id like to request a feature that I think there should be all the building blocks to implement - bearing in mind via insights it seems Nanit knows when there is a baby in the crib or not I would like a user selectable option to send notifications based on this.

the use case here is that our room is used with the bassinet/crib, for changing, playing and more. A number of those do not need notifications and are all defined by being in/out of the crib. This would save in some cases hundreds of notifications turning up on our devices (mine, my wife’s, iPhones, iPads, etc) that are completely pointless.

look forward to the feedback

Comments

• Liam
    Liam Member

Is this not the correct way to submit feature requests? If so please can someone at Nanit advise the recommend path?

For me this is a significant issue that makes the notification feature almost pointless. It introduces so much noise that I may well prefer to entirely turn it off. In a multiple hundreds of dollars product built on it’s ability to ‘have insights’ into what is happening on the camera that makes me question the entire purchase to be honest.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

Hi @Liam Thanks so much for sharing this here! I'm tagging @Tali our Sr. Product Manager here for visibility. We always appreciate getting this type of feedback and helps us as we continue to improve our product!

While you cannot turn off notifications, you can, as you mentioned, turn off the camera when baby is not in the crib.

Thanks again for sharing this here!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

Also adding, you can customize your notification settings (motion and sound) so that may be helpful to take a closer look at in the meantime. Here's more information: https://support.nanit.com/hc/en-us/articles/235611028-How-can-I-customize-sound-and-motion-notification-sensitivity-for-my-Nanit-

• Liam
    Liam Member

Thanks for both of these options. The tweaking of notifications is useful but for a product like Nanit that’s marketed on much more insightful capabilities I am sure you have the capabilities to do more. I’d be happy to supply further details if needed

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Liam Thank you! I will be sure to reach out if our product team needs additional feedback or insight. Appreciate you sharing with us.