Nanit to Chromecast or work with Google Nest Hub

Answers

• Aleks
    Aleks Member
    edited December 2021

@Tali @Melanie Another Nanit user registering to inquire about integration with Google home. I've sent emails to support in the past, but I've not received anything specific information about possible rollout. You have a fantastic product, but without support for major smart home player such as Google you may create opportunity for competition to "steal" your customer base.

• I'd also love this feature.

• Crazy Nanit hasn't incorporated this yet... Here is a list of those products that have bothered to get this done . I'm reconsidering nanit now

https://motherhoodhq.com/google-home-baby-monitor/

• Extremely disappointed to get our Nanit and fix it over our Snoo and then when we found a few minutes of free time to find out that Nanit hasn't bothered to develop integration to Google Hub !!

We monitor our elder child in his room when he does his distant learning through Google Hub but we now have to have one of our phones to be constantly connected to Nanit to monitor our new born.

This is a big miss by whoever decided not to bother doing this. Big disappointment.

• I have been researching monitors for my first grandson, due to arrive in Feb. I finally settled on the Nanit Pro and was about to purchase, when I decided to investigate smartTV compatibility. I was quite surprised to find this thread, having simply assumed that any product claiming a leadership position in this category would minimally have solid integration with apple and google infrastructure.

I'm posting here to let Nanit know that I've decided not to buy the Nanit, due to this missing feature and lack of commitment from team Nanit for any future release plan.

For those of you who already own Nanit and are frustrated by the company's lack of response here, I suggest that you engage the social media community, bloggers, tech review folks, etc, who are either paid directly or via affiliate links, to accurately describe this serious shortfall in the Nanit product line. I suspect the Nanit team will spend the tiny engineering effort required to support this integration when they that the feature gap becoming a battle cry from their competitors in social media.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited December 2021

Hi Everyone! Thank you for posting here and we appreciate your feedback on how integral this integration is to our product. I can assure you that we hear you and take your feedback into account as we determine the future development of our product.

As of right now, I don't have any specific details about this feature request in terms of a date of release or where it sits on our product roadmap, but what I can promise is that we will be sure to keep the community updated as we have more information to share!

• Agreed, this functionality needs to be added. I have Home/Nest Hubs all over my house and would love to be able to stream the camera to them.

• Honestly, As you’ve seen here there’s a huge demand for this feature. The amount of engineering work that would go into this is minimal, so I do not understand why it is not on the road map already

• @Tali @Melanie

Please can you update on this feature request?

If its not a feature thats coming, i'm ready to put nanit in the bin, and find a product with a dev team that is more intuitive and forward thinking.

Nanit is set up ready for my son to go in his cot, but want it on a screen 24/7 rather than relying on a phone or tablet.

Our household has thousands of pounds worth of Google Home tech in it, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon. Whats even more bizarre is you've got amazon alexa boxed off?

• +1 to adding a cast feature