Nanit to Chromecast or work with Google Nest Hub

Answers

• I have legitimate question for Nanit about this feature you guys are working on. If and when it's done, will it be available to non-subscription paying users? I only ask because my Nanit came with however much time of the service free when I bought it but now it's expired and I'm realizing how many little features we lost by not continuing our subscription. Just little things like how long he's been asleep or access to videos even a couple of minutes after happening. With how many features I lost, I wonder if this google integration is going to cost me a monthly to finally be able to use. Things like video retention makes sense as it takes up server space and what not but how long he's been asleep seemed like such an easy thing to keep. So what's to keep you from also requiring a sub for this too?

• Another week passed without reply.

Please can you confirm a timeline. If not, please be transparent if you’re not intending to implement use with Google Home products.

I’ll leave it another week or two then I’ll have to sadly look at another product that fits modern households.

• jlee
    jlee Member

Really glad I found this thread. I'm in the market for a baby monitor camera for our new girl this summer and the nanit looked like the best option until now.... The lack of google integration is a deal breaker and the fact that even the quarter in which the feature is expected isn't available is a sign that there is no real plan in the works. Time to shop for something else.

• Yhippa
    Yhippa Member

When will this feature be implemented?

• amg9747
    amg9747 Member

Would love this feature and would love to know if it’s actually being worked on. From the timeline of these post, i’m guessing it hasn’t.

• The product is great but I am really disappointed with the fact that the app doesn't work with Google Home, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, etc. A lot of other brands, much cheaper than Nanit can be setup on those other devices.

• Nanitx3
    Nanitx3 Member
    edited April 20

What a shame. As someone who owns three and raved about the Nanit at mutliple showers that Ive hosted as a restaurant owner I sure feel like a schmuck for gifting this product to others. I’ll never recommend this product based on the lack of customer service alone

My oldest is now 39months (aka 3 years+). Middle guy is about to turn 2. And baby girl is 6 months old. LOL! They’ll be teenagers before Im able to say “hey google show me baby’s nanit”.

• dan326
    dan326 Member

It should be obvious to everyone in this thread by now that Nanit is only interested in developing features and add-ons that they can further monetize (more sticky subscription revenue) rather than what is being requested by their customers. We're into Q2 of 2022 and we don't even have confirmation that it's being worked on, nevermind a development timeline...

• Still no updates from Nanit on this?! PLEASE- give us Google compatibility!!!

• Jdferg
    Jdferg Member

FYI: A used Nanit on ebay goes for about the same price (or more) as a new Nest Cam Indoor. I'm out Nanit. I gave you 6 months to act like you were a top tier camera.