Wifi button stuck / won’t click

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Bliss,

Thanks for sharing the issue that you're having with your Nanit camera with the WiFi button being fairly loose. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can assist you further with the hardware issue you're having. They will reach out to you through your ticket via email. They'll respond once they finish reviewing your ticket!

• apop
    apop Member
    edited July 30

Hey guys, this is ridiculous. I am one of the people who have the same issue with the button being stuck. I am also on vacation and this thing stopped working. I've got the NanitPro and these things aren't cheap so how about instead of responding individually to each case just put up a solution for this problem on your website as it seems like it is recurring.

• EGH2
    EGH2 Member

Hello,

I have the same problem here. The wifi button is physically stuck so I can’t pair the Nanit with a new network. Is there an option to open the camera and try to fix it?

Thanks

• Hi,

I'm having the same problem, the WIFI button is lose and I haven't been able to pair it.

Please escalate this to the support team and have them email me instructions. I need to pair it ASAP due to having to go on a work trip and leaving my babies with the nanny. Nanit is my extra pair of eyes and ears.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

• NanitJessica

Hi @apop & @EGH2,

Thanks for posting on the community. From looking at our system, it looks like you both have an existing ticket so I have escalated your tickets to the support team. They will reach out to you through your ticket via email after they finish reviewing it. We appreciate both of your patience!

Hey @JessicaGarza,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the community. I've created a ticket for the support team to look into this further where the button is physically loose. They'll respond to your ticket via email after they review your ticket.

• erz
    erz Member

I'm having exact issue. Can a support case be open up for me

• NanitJessica

Hi @erz,

Thanks for posting here. From looking at our system, it looks like you have already opened a ticket with the support team. They will reach out to your ticket via email after they check your ticket. We appreciate your patience!

• Nuno
    Nuno Member

I'm leaving this here in the hopes it will help some other parents, If your wifi bottom is stuck DO NOT RESET your camera, I learned this the hard way. Even though I haven't seen anyone post about this (I wonder if Nanit is deleting comments, I guess I'll know if this gets taken down). If the Wifi bottom is "stuck" most likely what happened is the chip behind the bottom broke off the circuit board. What this means is if you reset your camera, you will lose your old wifi settings and your unit is now dead. (Unless repaired).

I'm going to try and solder the chip back on in the hopes I can fix it. (My unit is out of warranty). What sucks is my camera was working fine and the only reason I was looking to reset the wifi is that I upgraded my home network. And looking over these community forums foolishly followed the moderator's advice and reset my camera and now it won't even connect to my old Wifi.

So please if your wifi bottom is stuck DO NOT RESET your camera. Most likely the chip inside broke and nothing you can do (software-wise) will fix it. hopefully, your still in warranty and Nanit will replace it.

• Thanks Nuno for your comment. Sadly I did not read yours until I had already reset the device.

Has anyone had any luck getting their unit to work again after this? Ours is just over a year old and am super disappointed about this. It didn’t work on vacation and now we’re back and I thought it would connect no problem but nope. I’ve filed a ticket and did all the steps they recommended with no luck.

Curious if anyone found a fix as I’m desperate to gets our back up and working again!!

• NanitJessica

Hi @Lucy_R0808,

You mentioned that you filed a ticket with our support team and responded to your ticket. I've escalated your ticket to them and they should be responding to your ticket as soon as they can after they review your ticket again. We appreciate your patience!