7mo still doesn’t sleep through the night

Hi there. I’m a mother of 2 with 7.5 years in between my boys. My 7mo is giving me a run for my money and I do not know what to do. He still is not sleeping through the night. He goes down about 7:30-8pm and is awake at 6am. He takes 3 naps with 2.5-3 hour wake windows. Throughout the night he wakes several times while re-positioning himself and for his pacifier and averages about 2 ounces of formula every 4-5 hours. Unfortunately (mine and his fathers fault) He does not fall asleep independently. The doctor has recommended nap times at 10am and 2pm, cutting out the 3rd nap and extending bedtime to 8:30pm. The problem is keeping him awake. We haven’t made it 1 day without the 3rd nap. I’m exhausted and will do just about anything if it meant my baby sleeps through the night without any wake ups. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE IS HELPFUL!!!!!!

Comments

• I have two toddlers now and all sleep for us has been tied to food. I suggest letting him get hungry… I know it’s sad… but then get him taking 4-8 oz bottles further apart. Give him high fat foods near bedtime like avocado and then a bottle right before bed.

• So I have cut out the formula during middle of the night. He has his last bottle at bedtime or right before, and when he wakes and wants a bottle in the middle of the night, I have been giving him water. After he wakes up in the morning and wants a bottle, I give him one with formula. I’ve upped his intake of baby food during the day but still not sleeping through the night.

• jespr
    jespr Member

Hi just here to commiserate, my 7mo is also not sleeping through the night.