No Sound from Nanit

Answers

• Same issue here. Worked no issue for last 3 weeks tonight no sound at all. Tried all suggestions.

• I've escalated this over to our support team - they will reach out to you directly to troubleshoot further.

• Following as well as we have two in the same room as well and the sound isn't working as well.

• Currently having the same issue for the first time. No sound is coming through on the app. I tried my husband’s phone to see if that was the issue and same thing.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @hilarys and @Agarcia827 - I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your sound. The issue with sensor events was previously resolved in October. If you haven't already, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

If the above steps do not resolve your sound issues, let me know and I can escalate this to our support team! You also have the option to reach out to them directly (1-866-696-2648, complete the contact us form, or email [email protected]).

• Joel
    Joel Member
    edited February 17

Having the same issue, and none of these steps are helping. Please fix this.

Out of desperation I went through them all again. The third camera on/off did it. :/

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Joel - I'm sorry that you were having trouble with your Nanit last night! I wanted to check in to confirm - were you able to resolve your issue?

If your issue is not resolved (or if the same thing occurs again), please let me know the following:

• Which camera model you are using (Plus or Pro)
    • Details about what you were experiencing (ex. issues hearing nursery audio on live screen, issues with background audio, etc.)
    • Whether the issue is happening on all devices or just yours. If the issue seems to be only happening on one device, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app and then double checking the sound settings again to make sure they are turned on.
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have tried

Thank you!

• JayReif
    JayReif Member

Same problem here. Just started within the last few days. Was there a fix? We have a Nanit pro and a regular, and the regular gets no audio anymore. Kids are responding when I talk to them, and video works just fine, but can’t receive any audio.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @JayReif,

If you are not receiving sound from your Nanit Plus camera, try out the following steps that NanitMackenzie has mentioned above and see if that helps:

• Check sound settings within the Nanit app and make sure Nursery audio, microphone, and nature sounds are turned on. You can learn how here: How can I configure my sound settings?
    • Power cycle your camera by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.
    • If power cycling the camera does not resolve the issue, try to reset the camera, which you can read here to learn how: How do I reset my Nanit camera?
  • Mmwade89
    Mmwade89 Member

I am having the same issue with both of our monitors. I have done every troubleshooting tip and nothing has worked. No sound.