Night Vision Quit Working

Has anyone had an issue with the night vision on the nanit plus? If there is light in the room, the camera still works. The red IR lights come on when it's dark, but the video feed is dark and blurry. Haven't had an issue for the 3 months we've been using the camera and this happened tonight.

Answers

• Hi Bryce

This has been happening for me!

Have you managed to resolve the issue? If so, are you happy to share what you did?

Thanks!!

• Same issue, any luck with a resolution?

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Teds_mum and @Nick_Wilson - Are the red IR lights on the camera turning on when it's dark? The answer to this will help our team determine what type of troubleshooting is needed. Thanks!

• Any solution here? Mine is doing this as well. Would love some insight. We have unplugged and reset the camera. It started happening a couple weeks ago. Just noticed it again tonight. Any suggestions are appreciated. My camera is 2 years old. Thanks!

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @MomMWL2, I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your camera's night vision! Thanks for trying to reset the camera. You may also try wiping the IR portion of the camera with a soft cleaning cloth (like a sunglass or computer screen cleaning cloth). If that doesn't work, let me know and I will create a ticket for our support team to review and determine the cause of the issue. Thanks!

• @Mackenzie I have also been having this issue. I’ve tried resetting and cleaning but it still doesn’t work

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Jasminerumbaua, I'm sorry that you have been experiencing this as well! Thank you for trying the initial troubleshooting steps. Our support team will reach out to you soon to take a look at your specific unit and setup!

• I’ve been having this issue for the past couple of weeks. What is the fix?

• NanitMackenzie

Hi there @Hypepotamus - thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your night vision. If you haven't already, I'd recommend resetting your Nanit and wiping the IR portion of the camera with a soft cleaning cloth (like a sunglass or computer screen cleaning cloth).

If that doesn't work, you can reply here and I will create a ticket for our support team to review and determine the cause of the issue. You can also reach out to them directly yourself at any time (1-866-696-2648, complete the contact us form, or email [email protected]). Thanks!

• I have the same issue since last week. It works fine during daytime but gets blurry when the room is dark. Tried resetting the camera but still doesn’t work. Anyone know how to resolve this?