What is going on with my 5mo

He was doing SOO good… waking once for a quick feed between 4-5 and I was getting so excited… he goes down every night at 7.

the last week or so… he’s up every 30minutes for the first half… i went from 1-2 visits to 8-9… no idea whats going on… :(

Answers

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

@Silliam21 Im guessing your baby is around 3-4 months? If so, this is really normal! Its actually a great sign, your baby is developing and his sleep is maturing, but I know it can be super frustrating! At this stage, I'd love you to start giving him opportunities to self soothe. Assuming he was born on time and is healthy, by three months he should be capable of self-soothing if given the chance. He might still need to feed over night but once he can fall asleep by himself at the beginning of the night, those night feeds will drop away quickly. Take a look at the Nanit Sleep Schedule Generator which will give you a nice guide to feeding and sleeping times, its important that he is getting enough to eat during the day so we can start to naturally drop those night feeds. The most important thing is that he is falling asleep by himself in the crib at the beginning of the night!