My 3mo doesnt sleep through the night

My 3 month old used to sleep 7-8 hours at night but now he is back to waking up 3 times at night. I am very tired. I exclusively pump for my baby and He eats like 1100 ml a day so he is not hungry. What can I do to make him sleep better? ( he also pushes the paci out, I have to trick him with a bottle first)

Answers

• Kapel
    Kapel Member
    edited October 2021

at around that age they regress and change their sleeping patterns. It will continue to change throughout the first year until they regulate their sleep at around 1 year old for must kids. Some do it way before but I try not to have high expectations!

• Try giving less frequent bigger bottles instead of smaller meals. I used the babywise book method. I would also not attend to him unless he’s full on crying and/or you suspect a poppy diaper

Also formula is not evil… exclusive pumping is pretty extreme so don’t let people make you feel like you have to do that.

• We are in the same situation. My 3 month old had some good stretches as night a few weeks ago and we thought we were turning a corner but for the past few weeks he wakes up constantly all night long. We are exhausted. We tried giving him bigger bottles every 4 hours (instead of every 3) but so far that has not helped. We have tried letting him soothe/settle himself but he doesn’t calm (unless we don’t wait long enough but it seems like we leave him for a while). We are out of ideas.