Need a camera orientation option?

2»

Answers

• So disappointed to set up the camera and see it only works best if it’s on the long side of the crib. Gosh, this is so basic for such an expensive camera. You really should tell people this before purchasing because it can hugely impact the entire practicality of owning the camera surely?!

• Danims
    Danims Member

+1 here… We cannot put the Nanit on the long side of the crib because of the curve of our wall so have no other option but to use the short side

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    Answer ✓

Hey everyone,

Providing everyone an update in regards to this feedback with wanting a camera orientation option. I'm happy to say that the product team is aware about this feedback and is actually working on getting this feature available. They're hoping this feature will be available soon for everyone! 😄

When we hear any new information from the team of when this feature will be coming, we'll be sure to update the community. We appreciate your patience and feedback for this feature!

• I want to vote for this update. Very disappointing to set up my new, expensive Nanit and find out it does not work optimally with my crib/nursery setup. Just rotate the orientation of the camera picture!

• BKonk
    BKonk Member

Absolutely agree. Not everyone has the ability to mount the Nanit on the long side of the crib. I have a perfectly decent walk to use on the short side. This seems like it should have been a no brainer given that it’s really an accessibility issue.

• opcode
    opcode Unconfirmed, Member

Just set up my Nanit and dealing with the same issue due to crib placement. To say we're disappointed that it doesn't capture any of the action and can't accommodate simply rotating the footage to identify the pickup zone is an understatement. I cant believe that this is an issue with a $300 baby monitor as it seems like a pure software issue. Is there an ETA for a fix?

• ShawnM
    ShawnM Member

We are in the same situation, camera needs to be on the short side. Hopefully there will be an update for this soon!

• RYaz
    RYaz Member

Having the same issue here.

In my case its NOT an option to change camera location. Has to stay on short side of crib.

Extremely disappointing this future is still not available. Such an expensive camera.

Issue should either be fixed promptly or a massive note on Nanit’s box should be placed. Warning of such issue, before purchase.

Very frustrating!

• RYaz
    RYaz Member

RYaz Member

May 30

Having the same issue here. 

In my case its NOT an option to change camera location. Has to stay on short side of crib. 

Very disappointing this feature is still not available. Such an expensive camera.

Issue should either be fixed promptly or a massive note on Nanit’s box should be placed. Warning of such issue, before purchase. 

Extremely frustrating!

• My son has been sleeping in a bassinet and tonight is his first night in the crib. The crib is much larger than the bassinet was so we have put the floor stand at the base of the crib instead on either side.

I went to adjust the position of the crib with the pick-up zone but it doesn’t let me change to a vertical view. Is it possible to change?

I’ve tried to use the multi stand as well but it does not provide the same insights.