Refusing to sleep in Nanit Swaddle. Help!

DFey
DFey Member
edited March 22 in Swaddling

My 5 lb 7 oz week old refuses to sleep in the Nanit swaddle. Every time we put it on her she wiggles and cries. As soon as we put her in the Halo sleep sack she falls right asleep but then can’t be monitored. What should we do?

Comments

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

@DFey Im sorry that your baby doesnt like the Nanit swaddle. You could try using the Love to Dream swaddle with the Nanit Breathing band around her tummy. Unfortunately, we cant recommend a 'hands down' swaddle with our breathing band since she might inadvertently push the band up over her face, but since the Love to Dream swaddle goes under her arms, its a good option for babies who dont like our Nanit swaddle. Please remember too that our breathing wear products are designed for babies over 6lbs.

• It’s probably because the zipper is sticking your little one in the ear. I’m having the same problem with my 2 week old. I believe the zipper on the side, all the way up the shoulders is a very bad design. Nanit should make one with a zipper up the front.

• Man I’m so disappointed my newborn also does not like the Nanit swaddle! I’m having the same issue! I’ll try the love to dream swaddle but Nanit should definitely redesign this swaddle

• CMac
    CMac Member

I also have to say how disappointed I am with the Nanit swaddles. I bought a 3 pack for my 7.5 pound baby and they are HUGE on her still. The zipper on the side bunches up and the swaddle part itself ends up covering her mouth. We have tried multiple times to get the band lower or tighter so it doesn’t bunch up over her mouth and no luck. We even had nurses at the hospital look at it and try. We bought the love to dream swaddle and will be trying it with the belly band. The love to dream swaddle is an amazing swaddle! Nanit needs to take notes!

• Girlmom1
    Girlmom1 Member

Try the freshly picked swaddle up and then out the Nanit swaddle pouch over it