Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Shellys128,

Thanks for sharing your concern that your WiFi button doesn't work or flash. Have you tried performing a power cycle of your Nanit camera? You can do this by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.

If that still doesn't work, please let me know!

• Hi! Yes I have tried that and I also tried to reset it with a paper clip in the hole next to the WiFi button

• NanitJessica

@Shellys128 - thanks for the quick reply back about this! I also saw the message you sent to me privately. I've created a ticket so the support team can assist you further with the issue that you're having with your camera. They'll reach out to you as soon as they can!

• AJVFam
    AJVFam Member

We have been having the exact same issue for the last week. We have tried every step called out in this thread and tried multiple mounts/stands with no success. If at all possible we would love to skip the part where we go through these steps all over again and jump to a speedy resolution.

• NanitJessica

Hey @AJVFam,

Thanks for trying out all the troubleshooting steps that were mentioned on this thread. From looking at our system, it looks like your ticket is being assisted by the support team. They will reach out to you once they review your ticket via email. We appreciate your patience!

• Bluhayz
    Bluhayz Member

My Nanit has continued to get more and more finicky with its age. I’ve done the steps in this article and it seems to work only when the stars align just so right. I’m currently dealing with this exact issue yet again and we’ll see which one of these magic combinations work or if this is the time when it finally gives up but it’s very frustrating the amount of time wasted with this camera.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Bluhayz,

If you're still experiencing issues with your Nanit camera, please let us know so we can further assist you. Also, let us know what other troubleshooting steps you have tried so far that were not mentioned in the article so we don't suggest the same troubleshooting steps that you have already tried.

• T_Favor
    T_Favor Member

I’m having this same issue. Tried doing a hard reset. None of the nightlights come on. Just the front red LEDs when it is first plugged in. No sound like it’s booted up

• T_Favor
    T_Favor Member

I’ve also noticed the red LEDs cut on and off randomly

• NanitJessica

Hey @T_Favor,

Thanks for sharing the problem that you're experiencing. If you're noticing that the red LEDs are cutting on and off randomly when plugged in, there could be a possibility it may have a boot-up issue.

I've created a ticket for you for the support team to assist you further with this. They should be reaching out to you via email once they review your ticket!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.