Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @rodolfo,

We understand your frustration with your camera camera's WiFi button not working. We want to let you know that we did not push out a firmware update to the Nanit Plus Cameras in over a year as @NanitMackenzie has mentioned previously.

Let me reach out to you via private message to try helping you out further with your case since NanitMackenzie created a case for you as well.

• Zeads
    Zeads Member

This problem still persists and my camera is still not working.

Someone at Nanit needs to be accountable and assist their paying members who purchased their expensive product.

I have a suspicion Nanit is pulling an Apple move and outdating the original camera's through updates to force people to go buy a new one. This is not a good business move for a niche product.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Zeads,

Thanks for reaching out to us again.

It looks like NanitMackenzie created a case for you and the support team reached out to you a few weeks ago to collect your information for a replacement but did not hear back from you. All you need to do is respond to your case and they will be happy to help you out further.

Let me know if you have any problems contacting the support team.

• @NanitMackenzie i am having the same issue as well. I actually haven’t had the temp

or humidity for awhile so unplugged the head tonight to reset and now it will not allow me to view video. I plug it back in, flashes red, makes a shutter sound but WiFi button doesn’t work. I’ve tried all of the listed steps above and still won’t work. Please advise. Thank you

• NanitJessica

Hi @Maxelrod,

Thanks for sharing your issue and what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

From looking at our system, it looks like the support team is already handling your case. I've escalated your case for you so they should be responding to your case as soon as they can. Let me know if you have not heard back from them after 24-48 hours.

• Joslyn2285
    Joslyn2285 Member
    edited March 29

@NanitMackenzie @NanitJessica hi i am having the same issue as @Maxelrod :( it’s evening and I would really love to be able to have my camera working tonight. I have done the hard reset and everything suggested in this forum. Thank you!

• NanitJessica

Hey @Joslyn2285,

Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread and trying out the troubleshooting steps that's provided on this forum.

I've created a case for you so the support team can assist you further with this. Our team will reach out to you as soon as they can once they finish reviewing your case!

• robbie_t
    robbie_t Member

I don't mean to pile on, but I too just start having all of these issues with my camera. I opened a ticket for assistance and after some time and doing all the troubleshooting, I was able to get it to reconnect, just to have disconnect again and again. Now, it seems the hard reset is not even working. It's a relief that others are experiencing the exact same issues and it's just not me. The nanit support team has been supportive thus far, but my issues still linger.

• NanitJessica

Hi @robbie_t,

We appreciate you sharing that you have issues with your camera keeps disconnecting. And we're also glad that the support team is assisting you with the problems you're experiencing.

From looking at our system, it looks like the support team has responded to your case and is awaiting for your response. If you haven't received a response from them, don't hesitate to let me know!

• Hi I am having the exact same issue. I’m trying to use this for my 8 week old and the WiFi button doesn’t seem to work or flash.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.