Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• An update for those following this situation:

I spoke with support and they state that due to the one year warranty being up, there is nothing that can be done.

This is very frustrating as the camera was functioning properly up until yesterday.

• I am experiencing the same problem as everyone else on here. This started 2 days ago and I have reset router multiple times, unplugged, uninstalled and reinstalled. Not working and hoping to receive some additional help.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@Aleksander - It sounds like you have tried the troubleshooting steps listed above and are still experiencing issues with the reset button, so I will pass this on to our support team for them to take a closer look at your camera. We will be in touch soon!

• Having tried all the troubleshooting as suggested above still nothing working

• Zeads
    Zeads Member
    edited February 6

We have 2 nanit cameras at our house, one is Nanit plus and the other is the standard Nanit. Well the standard Nanit had requested a software update on the app 2 days ago and as soon as it updated it has stopped working.

i have tried the trouble shooting method that was posted in this forum 3 times now with no success.

I need this escalated, we rely on Nanit and have never had a problem before but it appears that Nanit rolled out a software update for some of the cameras and it has caused major issues based on what I have read in this forum and found on google search.

• Same problem here, the update is forced by nanit, so no warranty even if the camera is more tan one year, how is that?

Any way to aply firmware camera from pc?

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Zeads - I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with one of your Nanit cameras. Could you clarify which camera you are have trouble with - is it the "Nanit Pro" (our most recent camera), the "Nanit Plus", or the original "Nanit"? If you aren't sure, feel free to send a picture of the unit and I can determine which it is.

Additionally, could you add some more detail about what specifically isn't working - will the camera turn on and connect to your wifi? Are you getting any error message in the app?

Generally speaking, mobile app updates (versus firmware updates) will not impact the camera's functionality. If you can share which model you have, it will be helpful so we can review any updates on our end in comparison to when you started having issues with your Nanit.

I look forward to hearing from you - thank you!

• NanitMackenzie
    edited February 7

Hi @rodolfo, thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble as well! Could you provide some additional details about what specific issues you are seeing with your Nanit, as well as the model of camera that you have, and any troubleshooting steps you have tried? This will help myself and our team identify the issue and determine next steps.

Additionally - can you clarify what you are referring to with your question "Any way to aply firmware camera from pc?"

Let me know, thank you!

• rodolfo
    rodolfo Member
    edited February 7

Hi Mackenzie, im from Argentina y travel a lot to the us, and decided to buy your camera beacuse of the specs and revieews, Im system administrator for multiples companies here and in the us.

When I ask you this is to aply the old firmaware prior to the error whith a computer using linux/windows.

Because the error is from your new firmaware "update". 

• Camera turn on, ird lights on, then off.

Not detected in wifi or in network.

Not detected in phone.

Butthon did nothing.

Pin Hole the same, only restarts camera turn on, ird lights on, then off.

model nanit plus with travel stand floor stand