Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Chuck - someone from our support team will reach out to you directly with next steps! Thank you for doing some initial troubleshooting.

• Truth
    Truth Member

We are having the same issue. The camera is connected to the home network and shows connected to our network on the app but the camera does not work. I can’t even reset the network on the camera/app by holding down the Wi-Fi button on the camera - It does nothing. There’s random shutter/clicking noises at times.

I’ve tired all of the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works. Tired different outlets in the house, even the portable mount doesn’t work. The app is updated (auto updates, thank you). My home is only 1,400 square feet and we have 1gig network connection with constant sub 500/500 (up/down) speeds. The router could be right next to the camera and it still doesn’t work.

I’ll be happy to talk to support and run through all of the suggested troubleshooting but I’m confident that this issue will continue to happen.

We have been very disappointed with this $400+ camera and accessories plus annual subscription for $129.

• RLuc3
    RLuc3 Member

Our camera stopped working the morning of Jan. 5, 2022, after an update was installed (4:30am, camera was still working, 5am, software updated, 5:30am camera stopped working). We did everything mentioned here: unplugging the power, disconnecting the camera, reset the router, reset the wifi, tested on another stand, and the camera still doesn't work-- the IR lights come on, but the flashing doesn't. We called tech support and they said the camera is the issue. But since it's been over a year, the warranty has already expired and there was nothing they could do. We were told the only option was to buy a new camera. Not really the best resolution.

Obviously, with the consistent issues others are reporting, it sounds like a bug in the latest software update that affected the camera. Now that our camera is just a brick on the wall, and being told to just buy another camera, we're having to explore other options.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Truth - thank you for troubleshooting and sharing some more information about your setup. I have created a ticket for you with our support team so they can look at what might be occurring and find a resolution. We will be in touch soon!

• Hi -

I am facing exactly the same issue in one of my Nanit's. Have you found a solution for this issue ?

Thank you,

Joao

• NanitMackenzie
    edited January 18

Hi @JoaoValadares, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with one of your cameras. Our support team will be in touch with you shortly with some additional questions about your specific issue and troubleshooting steps to try!

• Ccp
    Ccp Member

Hello, we currently have the same issue with our Nanit. I just went through the trouble shooting steps out lined above:

• unplugging and rebooting
    • router reset
    • hard reset

Is there a solution to this issue yet?

Thank you

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Ccp, thank you for outlining the troubleshooting steps you have tried thus far, I'm sorry that they did not fix the issue. In cases where those steps have not worked with this type of issue, we are connecting customers with our support team to work with you 1-1. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly!

• Karl
    Karl Member

Hello, we currently have the same issue with our Nanit. I just went through the trouble shooting steps out lined above, unplugging and rebooting, router reset, hard reset. It seems to be since an update was completed yesterday?

please help 🥺

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Karl, thank you for reaching out - our team will be in touch with you soon!