Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@swhitright,

I reached out to you via private message so I can look into your ticket further (for which I asked for your email address) and see if I can help escalate your ticket to the support team. Feel free to respond to my private message if you still need further assistance.

• Nissaz
    Nissaz Member

Hi I’m having the same issue as well. My nanit turns the infrared lights on and then nothing. I have tried everything.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Nissaz,

You mentioned you tried everything. Just for more clarification, have you tried power cycling the Nanit camera again by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand and letting it boot back up? If that doesn't work, have you tried resetting the camera, which you can refer to here: How do I reset my Nanit camera?

You can also try using an alternate power source if you have one available. Please provide other troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far so we can better assist you.

• Nissaz
    Nissaz Member

Yes I’ve tried all of that. Even tried another power source.

• NanitJessica

@Nissaz,

Thanks for the quick reply about this. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can look into this further. They'll reach out to you via email after they finish reviewing your ticket.

• nail1984
    nail1984 Member

we are having same issue. the reset button does not work. the infrared is on, but nightlight doesn’t blink when reset. this is very frustrating and seems like many people have the same problem. please help

• nail1984
    nail1984 Member

I am having the same issue. Camera won’t reset. I’ve tried unplugging and hard reset, but doesn’t fix. This is supposed to be the best product on the market, yet the forum is filled with people having the same issue. I would hope customer support can fix this.

• NanitJessica

Hi @nail1984,

We appreciate you sharing your concern on the community. Thanks for providing all the details that you have done so far to troubleshoot. It looks like you already have an existing ticket with our support team and they have responded to you via email and are awaiting your response.

Let me know if you have not received a response from them.

• SeanC86
    SeanC86 Member

Having the same issue as everyone else on here recently. Nanit will NOT boot up. Just the infrared flash and then nothing. We have tried everything. Has anyone been successful at fixing this? Has Nanit resolved this issue for anyone??

• NanitJessica

Hi @SeanC86,

Thanks for posing on here. You mentioned that you've tried everything. Just for more clarification, have you tried power cycling the Nanit camera again by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand and letting it boot back up? If that didn't work, have you tried resetting the camera, which you can refer to here: How do I reset my Nanit camera?

Please provide other troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far so we can better assist you.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.