Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• Hi I’m having the same issue after an update, my Nanit was working fine, and now it won’t connect to my application and the flashing light won’t come on when pressing the Wi-Fi button. When turning on the red Infrared light comes on then goes off. The reset not any of the other directions have worked. Please assist

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Jmillard11,

Have you tried performing a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand? While you're power cycling your camera, also try reinstalling the Nanit app to see if that help.

• bkakus
    bkakus Member

I'm surprised so many people had experienced this.

It just happened suddenly at my camera and it won't boot up ever again.

Red light did comes on, but no night light.

Yes, I tried all the power cycle thing and reset thing

Any help?

• NanitJessica

Hi @bkakus,

We appreciate you sharing your concern that you are also experiencing this problem as well and thanks for trying out and letting us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried out so far.

I've created a ticket for you so the support team can look into this further. They'll respond to your ticket via email once they review your ticket.

• We are having the same issue as so many others! The camera was working perfectly fine, it was unplugged, and when plugged back in - all we get are unresponsive red lights.

A hard reset has been attempted, per the Nanit website, app deleted and re-downloaded, the unit power cycled, the Wi-Fi button is unresponsive, and the device will not work or connect to the app.

We spent well above our means to purchase this device because of the safety and security it provided our baby, and cannot afford to purchase another based on what seems to be a Nanit issue. Please, if there’s anything that can be done to rectify this situation and replace this unit that is now defective because of a Nanit issue. Please live up to the high standard you’ve set for yourselves in the marketplace.

• Hi @NanitJessica , I am also having the same problem. All was working fine, then the firmware updated and now the camera is disconnected and pressing the Wi-Fi button doesn’t do anything. I’ve tried a reset and a hard reset but nothing is working. Please can you escalate this for me??

• NanitJessica

Hi @JohnsonCrew1321,

Thanks for providing details of what problem you're having and what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. I've created a ticket for the support team to look into the issue you're experiencing with your Nanit camera. They should respond to your ticket via email after they review your ticket.

Hey @MGreenwood,

Thanks for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried and saying that it happened after the firmware update. I've also created a ticket for you so the support team can look into your issue further. You should hear back from them via email after they review your ticket.

• Curt
    Curt Member

Just had this happen to our Nanit camera. I've tried rebooting our network router, power cycling, hard reset, nothing is working. Red lights come on and stay on, but nothing else happens.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Curt,

Thanks for trying out all the troubleshooting steps and letting us know what you've tried out. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can look into this further as well. They should be reaching out to you via email after they review your ticket.

• Hi @NanitJessica I am having this same issue with my 4 year old camera. It must have been the firmware because my 1.5 year old camera is working just fine.

All was working fine, then the firmware updated and now the camera is disconnected and pressing the Wi-Fi button doesn’t do anything. The nightlight never flashes.

I’ve rebooted router, delete the app and reinstalled it, reset the camera using paper clip, unplugged and power cycled the camera and nothing is working. Can you please escalate this for me??

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.