Nanit Red Lights

I used to turn off my camera at night, and the red lights on my Nanit would turn off. Now, I logged off all of my devices and even changed my password on my account to see that the red lights are still on. I’m afraid someone hacked my camera. Am I overthinking the situation? Does anyone know why the red lights are on despite the cameras being off?

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Pepperbaby21 I'm going to go ahead and submit this over to our support team so they can take a closer look for you. Thanks for reporting this to us!

• jadenr713
    jadenr713 Unconfirmed, Member

The same thing is happening on my camera. What's the problem?

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@jadenr713 Thank you for reporting this here! While it is safe to say that the behavior you are reporting is not an indication that your camera has been illegitimately accessed, it is rather odd. Generally, the camera's IR light should not turn on while it is off, which leads me to believe that the camera is flipping into Night vision as it is turned off, which explains the IR lights being engaged. I've got a few questions here if you don't mind:

1. Does the IR light turn off if you fully illuminate the room by turning on the lights?
    2. Does this occur if you turn the camera off while the IR lights are currently unlit, i.e. in day vision mode?

• SVeel
    SVeel Member

Hello,

is there an answer to this yet as ours does the same?

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

Hi @SVeel do you mind answering the following questions so we can investigate further:

1. Does the IR light turn off if you fully illuminate the room by turning on the lights?
    2. Does this occur if you turn the camera off while the IR lights are currently unlit, i.e. in day vision mode?

• Has anyone gotten an answer? I'm having the same issue, also it sounds like there is a lens that opens and closes.

• Christopher
    Christopher Member, Community Moderator, Nanit Support

@nanotechnology

Our team has identified an issue where the camera is rebooting itself. When the camera is turn off and the camera reboots due to this problem, the IR lights turn on. I can assure you when this happens, the camera is still off and isn't recording. Our developers are working on a fix. The fix will require a firmware update to the camera. Our team doesn't have a date yet for when the fix will be released.