5 month sleep regression / sleep issues?

emandrews21
emandrews21 Member
edited July 28 in Growth & Milestones

Hi all - does anyone else have a 5 month old (5 months and 11 days to be exact) who is all of a sudden struggling awful with sleep? She’ll go down for her normal 6:30/7:30 bedtime and I usually dream feed her around 9:30 - but she’s been waking up about 8:30 and is so hard to get back down. Almost every time I put her back in crib she wakes up and screams. Plus waking every 1-2 hours. Last month she was waking maybe twice!! Usually once. Any advice or help would make this sleep deprived mom feel better.

Comments

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

Hi @emandrews21 my daughter just turned 5 mos (today actually)! One thing I've read is that this is a very common time for their sleep cycles to mature and they also become so much more aware of everything around them... hence more frequent wakings. My daughter had a few nights where she would wake up and cry a few hours after being put down - I tried adjusting her wake windows a bit and we have now finally (fingers crossed) shifted from 4 to 3 naps - I think that has really helped with her night time sleep. I will say, it took a little while for that shift from 4 to 3 naps happen. Have you tried expanding her wake windows a bit more during the day?