🎉 New Feature: Split Screen

NanitJessica
NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
edited August 11 in Camera & App

You asked - we answered! Our team is excited to announce the launch of Nanit’s Split Screen feature (launching 7/13). We are the only smart baby monitor to have this feature available and it has been one of our top-requested features! 🤩

As you are exploring this new feature, we anticipate that you may have some questions. We invite you to ask questions about Split Screen on this thread. Before posting your question, please be sure to check out our detailed knowledge base article to ensure that your question hasn’t already been answered 🔍

Drop down a comment below if you have any questions about this feature 👇️

Comments

• Tisch
    Tisch Member

I know you cannot continuously monitor with breathing in the split screen format; however, will we still be alerted if a child has stopped breathing?

• Jmel328
    Jmel328 Member
    edited July 13

Hi I just order additional Nannit for my new born on the way will I be able to do dual camera split screen option or do I have to constantly switch screens

• NanitJessica

Hey @Tisch,

That's a great question to ask! You'll still receive alerts when you initiate and monitor Breathing Motion Monitoring through the single camera view (main live screen). You can learn more about Breathing Motion Monitoring notifications here: Controlling monitoring sounds.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Jmel328,

Congrats on your newborn baby and we're happy that you've ordered another Nanit camera! We have launched Split Screen today where you can view two cameras on one screen! 🎉

Read more about Split Screen here - Nanit Split Screen.

• Selina
    Selina Member

@NanitJessica The split screen feature is only working on our iPhone and Android phone. Will this feature be come available for iPad and tablets?

• NanitJessica
    edited July 14

Hi @Selina,

Split Screen is available on iPad! Make sure your iPad meets the following requirements:

• iOS 14 or later
    • Nanit app version 3.7.3 or later

And be sure to have your iPad in portrait mode to see two cameras on one screen.

• Jdinh
    Jdinh Member

Hi. We have the Nanit plus for our toddler, and just purchased 2 Nanit pros foR our expecting twins.

Will the split screen work for plus and pro? And can we see all 3 cameras?

• sab_175
    sab_175 Member

Hello. I still have a hard time understanding split screen and monitoring. If I activate the breathing monitoring in a single screen mode, and then I jump to the split screen so that I see my twins on one screen, will I still be notified of anything concerning their breathing patterns even though I am in the split screen mode? I read up on the FAQ section and I read the comments here already and I still don’t understand how it works

• Caley
    Caley Member

Hi! Can you hear both audio streams at the same time in split screen mode?

• alice123
    alice123 Member

Don’t think you fully answered the question Nanit.

If I activate the breathing monitoring in a single screen mode, and then I jump to the split screen so that I see my two babies on one screen, will I be notified of anything concerning their breathing patterns even though I am in the split screen mode? Or once I am in split screen there are NO breathing notifications whatsoever?