Night Vision Red Lights

Terralinda
Terralinda Member
edited July 5 in Camera & App

Can I cover the red lights on the camera? Our baby seems pretty fascinated by them. Would that affect the camera’s night vision?

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Terralinda,

Thanks for asking about the red lights. We want to let you know that covering the IR lights will affect the camera's night vision as this helps it show during the night.

In order to have the IR lights off, you will need to turn off the night vision on your camera by going to your camera settings > Advanced > Night Vision to "Off".

• Tiagha
    Tiagha Member
    edited July 24

Hello, @NanitJessica I tried this but my Advanced Settings are grayed out. (See attached). What can I do?

• NanitJessica

Hey @Tiagha,

Thanks for reaching out and posting here. And thanks for providing a screenshot with the options showing greyed out. Make sure that your camera is turned on so you can change the settings.

If it is already on, try to turn off the camera, force close the Nanit app, re-open the app, turn on the camera, and check your settings again to see if the settings are now available.

• chloehsteinberg
    chloehsteinberg Unconfirmed, Member

The red lights are making my baby crazy - they would make me crazy too. Is there no way to make them less strong? My friends with the Nanit Plus don't have this problem. I just bought the Pro.

• NanitJessica

Hi @chloehsteinberg,

Thanks for posting on the community! There isn't a way to adjust the IR lights to be less bright; however, you can have this turned off. In order to have the IR lights off, you will need to turn off the night vision on your camera by going to your camera settings > Advanced > Night Vision to "Off".