Delayed Notifications

Answers

• Same thing is happening to me, my LO was up for 25 minutes and I was watching her, I got a wake up notification from Nanit, after I picked her up.

• I set up my new Nanit pro camera yesterday and I started using it today. My notifications are super delayed, about ~20 minutes. Please let me know how this can be fixed asap!

• I just started using my Nanit and the delays are about 10 minutes delayed. How can I fix this?

• taylorhairston
    edited December 2021

We’ve been using Nanit for a week or so now with no issue. Now, as of this evening, we are experiencing delayed notifications. Motion and sound notifications that are from 10 minutes prior. It looks like this has been an ongoing issue for many. Has it been resolved for anyone else yet? @Melanie

• I am also experiencing delayed notifications. My video feed is also significantly delayed. I have extremely fast internet speeds, so this cannot be attributed to my wifi. This is a serious issue and needs to be remedied immediately.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Jc123, @Elrivera, @taylorhairston, and @DKlaproth - I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing delayed notifications from the Nanit app! It looks like other customers were able to resolve the issue by restarting their device and then performing a reset of the the Nanit Camera as outlined in this article.

If resetting your camera does not resolve your delayed notifications, please reach out and I will escalate to our support team for 1-1 troubleshooting. You also have the option to contact our support team directly at any time (1-866-696-2648, complete the contact us form, or email [email protected]).

• I’m having this same issue. Notifications are delayed by at least 5 minutes.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Agarcia827,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue about receiving delayed notifications on your phone device. Try the following steps which can possibly resolve the issue you're experiencing:

• Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera - remove the camera from the stand and unplug from the wall for about 5 minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.
    • While the camera is power cycling, try to uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone.
    • If the first two steps did not resolve your issue, try performing a hard reset of your Nanit camera, which you can refer to here: How do I reset my Nanit camera?

If resetting your camera still does not resolve the issue, please let us know and provide other troubleshooting steps that you may have possibly tried already so we can further assist you.

• cd051925
    cd051925 Member
    edited April 2

The past 8 weeks , notifications have been consistently delayed . When my other portable device is active , watching nannit , I will also get randomly at least a 60 second delay in audio feedback. This is becoming increasingly more frustrating and I would deem it unsafe as well as unacceptable considering the nature of the Nannit. Others seems to complain about the same issue ; this should be prioritized by the development team .

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @cd051925,

Thanks for taking the time to share your frustration where you're seeing some delays with notifications and audio feedback. Make sure that your camera is not too far away from your router/modem so your camera has a stable connection.

Also try the following steps that I mentioned above earlier, which you can refer below:

• Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera - remove the camera from the stand and unplug from the wall for about 5 minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.
    • While the camera is power cycling, try to uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone.
    • Also refer to this article to learn how to troubleshoot further with your camera's connection: How do I improve Nanit's connection?

If the steps above did not resolve your issue, try performing a hard reset of your Nanit camera, which you can refer to here: How do I reset my Nanit camera?

If you're still experiencing issues, let us know and provide us any additional troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.