nanit camera wifi name or mac address

bicepjai
bicepjai Member
edited June 9 in Camera & App

I am trying to find what is the mac address of the nanit device or the name assigned to nanit camera when connected to wifi network.

This helps with setting up iot network properly

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @bicepjai,

Thanks for posting on the community. You won't be able to find your MAC address for your Nanit camera but we can try to help you further. Let me send you a private message to gather more information from you.

• kmd
    kmd Member

I'd also like to be able to find the MAC address for my Nanit (or even the current IP address). How do you go about doing this?

• NanitJessica

Hi @kmd,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some more information from you about wanting to find the MAC address for your Nanit camera.

• Same here please. I am trying to identify the Nanit camera on my network as well but want to confirm via MAC address.

• NanitJessica

Hey @Agpride12,

I've sent a private message to you to gather some information from you in regards to wanting the MAC address for your Nanit camera.

• Help! I need that MAC address too.

• NanitJessica

Hi @ricardovargasrd,

I just sent over a private message with you wanting some help with obtaining the MAC address for your Nanit camera!

• Help! We need the MAC address as well please. We are trying to connect the Nanit camera to hotel WiFi and can’t figure it out. There is a splash page. Any advice?

• NanitJessica

Hi @Stella_Emmett6,

We want to let you know that we don't recommend connecting your Nanit camera to hotel networks, which use a captive portal network due to possible security risks. You can learn more about it here: Wi-Fi Networks That Are Not Recommended or Won't Work With Nanit.