Insights requirements changed?

Hello Guys,

My camera is positioned above my cot and it's been giving insight updates for a while now without issues. All of a sudden yesterday its stopped giving insights and now just gives me an error of (you must recoreconnect to the floor stand) I do not have a floor stand and never have had one. Did they do an update to stop ot or something?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help and info!

Neil R

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team
    edited September 20

Hi @Neil_R typically, insights do not work with the multi-stand and only works when using the Nanit with the Floor Stand/Wall mount. However, I see your insights have been working while using the multi-stand, so I've submitted your question over to our support team so they are able to take a deeper dive into your camera and get some additional information.

Thank you for posting here! We will be in touch soon.

• Did this ever get resolved? I’m not getting insights using the multi-stand either:/

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Cwmama Typically, insights do not work while using the multi-stand and only when using the floor stand or wall mount. Did you have insights working previously with the multi-stand?

• hash
    hash Member

So insights haven’t been working for me for from the day I bought the device - and the app said it wouldn’t work with the multi stand from the beginning. We are using the crib in our room at the moment and the wall mount is still not in use (it’s set up in the nursery above the cot). I was making peace with not using insights (despite having paid for it) - BUT THEN - it’s started working for 2 days with the multi stand?! It worked flawlessly, detecting when the caregivers were there, and when the baby slept and woke up. But then from today it stopped working all of a sudden as it “detected” it being on a multi stand

So if it can work with the multi stand - why restrict it? Common nanit!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

Hi @hash I'm sending this over to our support team so they can provide some 1:1 assistance on insights with the MS. They'll be in touch soon! Thanks for letting us know.