Insights requirements changed?

Neil_R
Neil_R Member
edited August 19 in Camera & App

Hello Guys,

My camera is positioned above my cot and it's been giving insight updates for a while now without issues. All of a sudden yesterday its stopped giving insights and now just gives me an error of (you must recoreconnect to the floor stand) I do not have a floor stand and never have had one. Did they do an update to stop ot or something?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help and info!

Neil R

Answers

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited September 2021

Hi @Neil_R typically, insights do not work with the multi-stand and only works when using the Nanit with the Floor Stand/Wall mount. However, I see your insights have been working while using the multi-stand, so I've submitted your question over to our support team so they are able to take a deeper dive into your camera and get some additional information.

Thank you for posting here! We will be in touch soon.

• Did this ever get resolved? I’m not getting insights using the multi-stand either:/

• @Cwmama Typically, insights do not work while using the multi-stand and only when using the floor stand or wall mount. Did you have insights working previously with the multi-stand?

• So insights haven’t been working for me for from the day I bought the device - and the app said it wouldn’t work with the multi stand from the beginning. We are using the crib in our room at the moment and the wall mount is still not in use (it’s set up in the nursery above the cot). I was making peace with not using insights (despite having paid for it) - BUT THEN - it’s started working for 2 days with the multi stand?! It worked flawlessly, detecting when the caregivers were there, and when the baby slept and woke up. But then from today it stopped working all of a sudden as it “detected” it being on a multi stand

So if it can work with the multi stand - why restrict it? Common nanit!

• Hi @hash I'm sending this over to our support team so they can provide some 1:1 assistance on insights with the MS. They'll be in touch soon! Thanks for letting us know.

• The multi stand provides a much better view of my baby’s crib.. as the floor stand has caused many false red alerts if we do not alter the height of our furniture. Now that we have been using the multi stand we have no access to sleep insights and other info… is there no way to achieve this without using the floor stand? It seems ridiculous to spend the money on the nanit and pay the subscription for it to be a video monitor and nothing else because of the stand it’s on. Is there a work around for this? Or is there something in the works for a future fix?

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited April 11

Hi @Sgallagher12 great question! The multi-stand does not provide the same birds-eye view as the floor stand, which is why (currently) insights does not work with the multi-stand. However, we do have a few workarounds that we would be able to enable for you - I am going to have a member of our support team reach out to you and walk you through some of the options!

• hash
    hash Member

I got a reply for this sometime back saying that it’s not supposed to work and should be a bug. Guess what - it’s working on the multi stand again! Has been working all night! Only issue is temperature and humidity isn’t working - unless I maybe disconnect it. Which I don’t want to do, as I like the insights working with the multi stand (until we move my son to his room with the wall mount). I think I’m also paying for the insights despite not using it.

so I’m wondering if this working with the multi stand is a temporary bug like last time or it in fact it’s a feature now! And looking at the footage all the sleep tracking and insights are pretty accurate. If it’s a bug - I hope the devs would at least include an option to turn it on for multi with a warning/caveat saying it won’t be reliable etc.

• @hash By default, we disable Insight to work on the Multi-Stand. This is because the algorithm was designed with a fixed height of 66 inches find mind. Along with having the camera on the wide side of the crib. Since the Multi-Stand can be placed anywhere, it can provide the camera with a less optimal position. Thus providing the algorithm with insufficient data causes inaccurate Insight. 

I've escalated this over to support though so they can take a look at the humidity and temp reading - we'll be in touch with you directly soon!

• Lola_McL2022
    Lola_McL2022 Member
    edited April 11

Hi, I have the same question. I will be travelling for a month and need to have insights as well. At the very least when baby wakes up/falls asleep so I can figure out wake windows etc without being glued to the monitor to know when that happens. Please have someone contact me to share the options you were discussing.

thanks!