3 month old

Hello,

My 3 month old falls asleep independently for both naps and night time. She is still waking 4 sometimes 5 times a night but I am only trying to feed her twice. I feed her every 2 hrs max during the day and she has nearly doubled her weight in 3 months. Any suggestions on how to handle the night time wake ups? I generally try to wait it out 3-5 mins before going in there.

thank you!

Comments

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

Hi @JRI thats amazing your baby has conquered falling asleep independently! What time are you putting her to bed typically? And is she waking at the same times generally throughout the night?

My baby is 10 weeks and I found once we implemented a solid bedtime routine and had her in bed at the same time every night she started getting one very good long stretch (right now she typically does 7:30 pm to 2:30/3:00 am). There were a few nights when she woke at 11 or midnight and I rocked her back to sleep and had to go in a few times to get her back to sleep- but then she stopped waking at that time moving forward. Dr. Barnett also gave me the tip to try and get a 1/2 ounce to an ounce more per feeding during the daytime as well!

• JRI
    JRI Member

Hello,

her bedtime is 8:00pm and yes, she typically gets up the same time each night. Once at 11:30- midnight and again at 4:00. I feed her often during the day. As I said she has doubled her weight in 3 months.

Thank you!

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

so impressive she has doubled her weight :) what worked really well for my baby was try increasing the ounces during the day time (.5 ounce per feed if possible) so that way she was getting more ounces during the day and then needing less at night. We bottle feed our baby and we also moved to the next nipple size as well (not sure if this applies to you!). When our baby was waking around 11:30/midnight I would pick her up and gently rock her back to sleep - after doing this for 2 nights, she stopped waking at that time. However, I would have still offered her the feed if she didn't go back to sleep. Hopefully this helps! I also really enjoyed following full feedings on instagram - she gives some very helpful tips on getting baby through the night!!

• JRI
    JRI Member

I will give it a try! It is difficult to know how many ounces she is consuming as she does not take a bottle.

thank you,

renee