Sleep

Our baby boy is almost 3 months old and he has been sleeping between 6 to 8 hours at a time each night. Should I be walking him up to feed him?

Comments

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

@Kristy_18 I would always consult with your pediatrician, but from all the reading I have done as long as your baby is healthy and continuing to gain weight they can get those longer stretches at night! Our ped told us at our 1 week apt since she was above birth weight and healthy we could let her sleep at night without waking (of course she did wake)! But now she is 2 months old and only waking 1 or 2x a night.

• as long as your baby’s pediatrician says it’s okay, let them sleep! You have a unicorn on your hands because majority of babies won’t sleep longer than 5 hour stretches without waking or crying out for a feeding… our son(now 2 and a half) was waking every four hours to eat through the night until 7 months old! Our daughter ( now 10 weeks old) is the complete opposite, goes down at 8:30 we dream feed at 10:30 and she sleeps through the night until 6 am! Every baby is different. They’ll tell you what they need and will drop feeds at their own pace as they grow. Enjoy the time with them alone at night now while you can because it won’t last long and I miss those late night snuggles!