"Ask Me Anything" with Dr. Krupa Playforth, MD, FAAP

1111213141517»

Comments

• KrupaPlayforthMD
    KrupaPlayforthMD Member, Expert
    edited August 17

@Pahee_29 I can't provide personal medical advice, but many young infants (especially if breastfed) can go many days without stooling. I have a post detailing red flags and what is "normal" on my instagram, but as always - if you are concerned, trust your gut and talk to your pediatrician!

• KrupaPlayforthMD
    KrupaPlayforthMD Member, Expert
    edited August 17 Answer ✓

@Sammy_Rocc0 Many babies have a preference to have their head towards one side. Sometimes this is merely leftover from their position in the womb, but you are absolutely right to be paying attention to this. If not addressed, it can lead to asymmetry in head shape, as well as muscle tightness and shortening causing a head tilt and torticollis. Often, the sooner this is addressed, the better, and a pediatric physical therapist should be able to offer some helpful guidance. Good topic to talk to your pediatrician about at your upcoming 2mo check!

• @rb0615 It is important to follow the recommendations of your PT on this one. If you are concerned about your child's ability to tolerate the brace, discuss ways to trouble shoot (perhaps consider starting slow or doing it in short spurts). Don't underestimate your 2 year old - they often surprise us with their ability to adjust. In some cases, toe-walking will correct itself - but in others, it can lead to range of motion issues. You can also discuss with your pediatrician and potentially have an orthopedist evaluation.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Thank you for participating in our AMA with Dr. Playforth. Due to the overwhelmingly positive response from this event, Dr. Playforth was not able to answer all questions asked - however, we encourage you to visit her Instagram where she has resources and additional content available 24/7! https://www.instagram.com/thepediatricianmom/

Please be on the lookout for our next Expert AMA!

• MrsM
    MrsM Member
    edited August 17

My son had this around the same age and it turned out to be a dairy intolerance. Have you made any changes to babies diet or milk? Or if breastfeeding any changes to your diet? My son was able to have dairy again after using the milk ladder and help of a paediatric nutritionist.

• Hannpmc
    Hannpmc Member
    edited August 17

He is breastfed and I hadn’t changed my diet. His doctor suggested I cut dairy out, which I have for a week or so now. His green poop has mostly stopped, but one or two a day are a bit green. When you say the green ladder do you mean you added those foods back into your diet per the ladder or fed to your baby?

• LaceyL
    LaceyL Member
    edited August 17

Hi, I recommend checking out the Baby Begin Instagram account. Don’t wait til your 2 month appointment. If you notice baby always has head turned to one side, there is a good chance they have torticollis. The sooner your advocate and get to PT the better. Flat spots are always easier to correct through positioning the sooner you start addressing too.

https://instagram.com/babybegin?utm_medium=copy_link

• LaceyL
    LaceyL Member
    edited August 17

I love Solid Starts and Baby Led Wean Team on k Instagram. Baby Led Wean Team has a podcast too and she talks about introducing allergens. Super helpful.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.