11 month old drops a nap?

Anca90
Anca90 Member

Hi ,is it possible that my 11 month old is trying to drop a nap?I read this should happen a lot later..

Her sleeping pattern although perfect before..is now all over the place..daytime she mostly has one nap 30 min to 1h40 min ,rarely she will have a second nap nightime she wakes up2-3times (she used to sleep all night without waking up)

Should I try to insist with the second day nap..or just accept it's gone?

Thank you

Comments

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

Hi @Anca90,

It's not that uncommon for a baby to drop the nap this early. For sure, most babies drop it later, but there are lots of babies who drop it at this age.

I'd suggest him an early lunch (like 11 or 11:30 am) and then getting him to bed right after that. The lunch should help lengthen the nap. It might be hard to get him to 11 am so try not to do it on a day where you are driving or strolling around a lot in the morning or he will likely doze off there. I

f he's only taking one nap, he will likely need to go to bed a bit earlier. I know it's tough to drop that second nap but honestly, things become way more consistent after they make the transition to one nap, so don't fear it! ☺️