How to get my baby to fall asleep on his own - 6 months

My son always wants to be rocked to sleep with his pacifier. Sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night and can’t get himself back to sleep. Any suggestions?

Comments

• @JacksonsMama the biggest advice I've read is to get your baby to fall asleep on their own in the crib - so putting them drowsy but not asleep (which I know can be so hard)!! Creating a bedtime routine and following those same steps every night and using the same phrase before leaving the room will help, too. It will probably take a few nights to get your son used to this new routine, but eventually he'll get the hang of it! It is harder on us than our babies - at least that's what I tell myself!!! I took the taking cara babies course and it was VERY helpful.

• Yeah, my 5 week old is a bit hard to put down at night. Rocking her takes a while but seems to work.

• How old is your son? My son started being able to put his own dummy in at 7 months. I practiced loads in the day with it and it really helped at night. I also put about 5 glow in the dark dummies in so he could always find one.