"Ask Me Anything" with Dr. Krupa Playforth, MD, FAAP

Comments

• Hi I have a 14 month old who is still waking up to nurse usually once a night but sometimes two. He nursed about 3 times a day and does really good at eating. I would like to continue nursing until 18 months. I have been trying to introduce a stuffed animal at night time feedings and have him sleep with it at night to help comfort him in case he’s just trying to nurse for comfort. Any ideas on how to wean night feedings? How to change comfort from nursing to a stuffed animal or something else? Is it okay to still okay to offer night feeds at his age?

• Is there a 7 month sleep regression? Our 7 month old has recently been waking up 4 hours after we put him to sleep for either a diaper or a bottle. He will actually be 8 months old on December 26

• I was wondering your advice or tips on baby lead weaning. Do you recommend this? I am considering a combination of spoon feeding purées and baby lead weaning. Thank you! My son is 6.5 months and breastfed.

• Hello! I have a 3 year old who is a very restless sleeper. She goes to preschool 5 days a week and gets plenty of activity. We have family dinners every night and stick to a strict schedule. She moves around all night, wakes up often and it just doesn’t seem to me that she’s getting good sleep. How can I help her?

• Hi! Is it safe to take a baby on a plane in vivid times?

• When do you recommend starting solids, and what’s your take on purées vs baby led weaning?

When do you suggest trying out high allergy foods (such as peanuts, eggs, etc)?

• My baby weighs about 11.5 lbs. He is formula fed and in the 3rd percentile for weight but staying consistent at that. We feed him about 25 oz a day split between 6 bottles. Is it better to increase the number of bottles or the amount in each one? Sometimes he can spit up but usually it is only a little.

• Hi! My 7 month old daughter is starting to do these loud, but short cries in her sleep, sometimes she does it even when shes asleep in my arms... Its almost like shes in pain or discomfort. Is this normal? Could it be stomach or digestive pain? Or bad dreams? or just fighting sleep?

Thanks,

Laura

• Gia_Z23
    Gia_Z23 Member, Super Parent

Hello! My almost 3 year old son had no issues with pee potty training. We’ve had very few accidents. He was the one that started potty training himself- we didn’t push it. However, he doesn’t seem to have any interest in pooping on the toilet. We have tried rewards, a chart with a big toy prize, throwing his underwear out rather than cleaning them, special underwear (Blippi). We never shame, we just remind him that when he needs to go he should tell us. Not sure if this is a result of his stubbornness, or if he’s scared, or if it hurts to go? Any suggestions would be wonderful!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.