"Ask Me Anything" with Dr. Krupa Playforth, MD, FAAP

Comments

• Hi! My son is 21 months and recently has started protesting bed time. He is also very clingy and playful with me; normally I wouldn’t mind but we just found out we are expecting and pregnancies have been hard for me in the past. So we are trying to be extra careful. So I am not as active with him during the day as I once was. Is this a reason for his clingy behavior at bedtime? How do I help cut that?

• My son is 7 months old and for the past month (since he was about 6 months old) he has been spitting up frequently. As a newborn he spit up occasionally but not like he is now. It is much more frequent. It is sometimes right after eating but more typically 1-2 hours or more after eating. We’ve been keeping him more upright but that’s not seeming to help. Could this be delayed reflux? We haven’t changed formulas and have slowly been introducing purées- oatmeal, vegetables, and fruits. He has not demonstrated any allergic reactions so far. He gets a little fussy sometimes after spitting up but is mostly content. He’s also a very happy easy baby though and rarely cries, so I’m not sure what to think. Any insight is appreciated!

• Hello, how do we help an 18 month eat? He's not interested in a variety of foods and has a preference of oatmeal or yogurt....for every meal! We need help as I cook every single variety of food and option possible but he's not interested. Thank you!

• breecook
    breecook Member
    edited December 2021

How do you feel about elimination communication and is it really something you recommend?

Can you start at 6 months? Any info

• Gisgp
    Gisgp Member
    edited December 2021

I have a 9 month old baby, he doesn’t full roll over or sit dawn for along time without support, he still doesn’t sleep full night (wakes up 3 times) we have a night routine everyday same (bath at 6:30, sleep at 7:00) everytime he wakes up we change diaper and feed him. I don’t know why he is not sleeping all night, because he is not reaching his big milestones yet :(, so don’t know why is he awake

• My 15 month old is allergic to eggs and dairy (confirmed by allergist). She isn’t a big fan of most meats. Therefore she is essentially vegan. Are there any food recommendations or supplements she should take to make sure she is getting all the vitamins and nutrients she needs? She’s still breastfed and takes vitamin D daily. Thanks!

• My 14month old refuses to feed himself. He won't eat bread, muffins, chicken nuggets or any kind of breaded foods. When we put a bowl of food like pasta in front of him and you try to assist him with using the spoon, he'll try once or twice and begin to cry. He will just scream and cry and won't even feed himself with his hands. At this point we end up feeding him. It's almost getting overbearing even at daycare and he's the only one his age who won't eat himself. But if you give him snacks like cheerios or bananas, he starts to eat right away. I'm feeling so terrible because I feel it's my fault for not starting him early on solids and using a spoon or him self feeding.

How do we encourage him to feed himself and stop this massive crying fits we have ever day?

• How do I wean my 20 month old off her pacifier? She currently requests two at night, one to pop in her mouth and one to hold. 😅

• I have a 15 month old. We live in Texas. Currently the weathers been in the 40-50 at night but mid 60-70 in the day. Bedtime attire and sleep temp has been confused.

we keep the thermostat between 70-73 at night. I am always cold (PJ pants, tshirt and sleep with sheet and comforter.). My husband sleeps in underwear and tshirt but sometimes sweat pants and no shirt and often kicks off the sheet and comforter.

we put our 15 month old in long sleeve 2 piece pajama set, socks, and a 0.5 TOG sleep sack. He just started sleeping with a very thin blanket but it gets tossed to the side at bedtime.

masking bedtime attire and temps. Our doc says 1 more later than we wear but I feel fleece pajamas are too much. First time mom … probably overreacting! Thanks I’m advance!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.