"Ask Me Anything" with Dr. Krupa Playforth, MD, FAAP

Comments

• I have a 4 month old daughter that does this. Following!

• My 7 month old is loving purées but I'm ready to introduce some meat, how can I do this safely? I tried some ground beef once and he choked. It terrifies me! Hep!

• My daughter is 4 months old and for the past month she wakes up after 30 minutes when taking her naps. Every single time! I typically just leave her in her crib for about 15 minutes and she will settle herself to go back to sleep for another 30 minutes. Any suggestions on how I can help her sleep for longer stretches during naps? I feel like 30 minutes isn’t a full restful sleep cycle.

• My 4 month old daughter wakes up after 30 minutes of napping. Every single time! I typically just leave her in her crib for 15 minutes and she will go back to sleep for another 30 minutes. Any suggestions on how I can help her nap for longer stretches? I feel like these short naps are not restful enough for her.

• I have a 18 month old that’s not eating properly, Sometimes he doesn’t eat or drink for hours, I have tried different foods , different drinks, different milk, but he won’t eat properly. When he does eat he eats very little.

• My daughter started recently sleeping through the night. I breastfed her at morning and bedtime and give pumped milk for rest 3 feedings. Should I up her milk intake for the rest 3 pumped feedings and if so how much ? She usually took 3.5 ounces in those feeds before sleeping through the night and is 4 months old. Worried she might not be getting enough during the day.

• Hi there - Looking to start my bedtime routine with my little guy. He’s 4 months old and I’m wondering how you feel about a bedtime (I.e. 7-8pm) and capping the afternoon nap at a certain time or if he’s still too young to worry about this. Also, are you a fan of dream feeds?

• My daughter will be 6 months next week. I have slowly been trying to start her on purees at 5.5 months. At first, she seemed quite interested in her baby oat cereal but I noticed more frequent (2-3 poops as opposed to her usual once a day bowel movement) mucousy poops after. So I stopped the cereal and introduced sweet potato and poop got a lot better. But now she's just not interested in eating anymore. Will refuse and close her mouth. She used to grab the spoon and shove it into her mouth but not anymore. She seems to not be interested anymore. What should I do?

• Xtinelu
    Xtinelu Member
    edited December 2021

My daughter will be 6 months next week. I have slowly been trying to start her on purees at 5.5 months. At first, she seemed quite interested in her baby oat cereal but I noticed more frequent (2-3 poops as opposed to her usual once a day bowel movement) mucousy poops after. So I stopped the cereal and introduced sweet potato and the poops got a lot better. But now she's just not interested in eating anymore. Will refuse and close her mouth. She used to grab the spoon and shove it into her mouth but not anymore. She seems to not be interested anymore. What should I do?

• My daughter just turned a year old and has been a rockstar in terms of eating, growth, weening bottles, and following a schedule. We’ve always practiced safe sleep, not feeding to sleep, and following wake windows. She’s a textbook baby! Sleeping consistently through the night since she was 4/5 months old and never had early morning wakings before 6:30am. She sleeps 7-7 at night.

However, she’s always used a pacifier to sleep. How and when should I start weening from the pacifier? I know it needs to happen before 2 years old. Are there tips to do this? She’s used the MAAM pacifier since she was a newborn.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.