"Ask Me Anything" with Dr. Krupa Playforth, MD, FAAP

18910111214»

Comments

• @Weaver Check out my comments in this thread above, in response to SkyBlueStarLight and Catahoulamom. You can also check out my instagram for more about ways to optimize your child's health and what red flags to watch for/when to be concerned about "too many" illnesses.

• @rb0615 It is important to follow the recommendations of your PT on this one. If you are concerned about your child's ability to tolerate the brace, discuss ways to trouble shoot (perhaps consider starting slow or doing it in short spurts). Don't underestimate your 2 year old - they often surprise us with their ability to adjust. In some cases, toe-walking will correct itself - but in others, it can lead to range of motion issues. You can also discuss with your pediatrician and potentially have an orthopedist evaluation.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Thank you for participating in our AMA with Dr. Playforth. Due to the overwhelmingly positive response from this event, Dr. Playforth was not able to answer all questions asked - however, we encourage you to visit her Instagram where she has resources and additional content available 24/7! https://www.instagram.com/thepediatricianmom/

Please be on the lookout for our next Expert AMA!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.