4 month sleep regression - any tips?

Melanie
Melanie Nanit Team

There are so many reasons that the 4 month sleep regression hits, and you can read more about it on our blog here.

But, what has worked to get through this phase? The first thing that comes to mind is lots of coffee! Any tips to share?

Comments

• Coffee is a MUST! We hit this a few weeks ago (our son will be 5 months on the 16th) and what got us through was teamwork and communication between my husband and I. We made sure to switch off for the sudden night wakings and tough naptimes. We were able to stick to our routine and (semi) keep our sanity. Thankfully it passed within a week, but man was it a long few days! I'd love to hear how others coped to brace ourselves for the next one!

• Karianne
    Karianne Member

I feel like we over prepared for the regression and our little guy decided to skip it!

We had him Sleeping in the Snoo and had looked into the Taking Cara Babies 3-4 month program.

Our little guy went for his 4 month Dr appointment and that night he decided to sleep fully through the night! We also had started to wean him off of the Snoo motion by then. I guess we were very fortunate with a great sleeper!

• bfisher
    bfisher Member

Taking Cara Babies as long as your ok with letting your little cry a little bit. Try everything you can to not cave and pick up the baby out of the crib especially if you have weaned from night feedings !