Self soothing - CIO?

My 5 month old has been sleeping through the night since 3 months.. but putting him to sleep is a struggle. How long do you let them cry it out.

Answers

• mine cried for about 1hr15 min before finally sleeping. At 4 months. It happened at least twice (both for naps, those were BRUTAL)

every baby is different, I would go with what you and your LO are comfortable with, always check with your Pediatrician if he green lights sleep training. And make sure all other factors are clear (Moro reflex under control, feed, dark room, right temp…). I used the Nanit’s breathing wear and it was very reassuring to know he was ok in there.

you can stay in the room, just make sure he doesn’t see you (or light from phone) and just let him cry it out. His voice might get horse, but it’s temporary

good luck mama,

• I’m having the same issue. He was sleeping through the night from 3 months to 7 months. Then around 7.5 months he started sitting, crawling, and climbing. Lots of new skills. Now he wakes 1-2 times a night and now he is 8 months and a week. I usually nurse him to bed and also got naps. I hate the hoarse voice he gets after 10 minutes of crying. So I just give in… I know he needs to learn to fall asleep independently but how do I teach him to self sooth?