Hello 3 month wakings

Hey everyone!

so I have a 3 month old and she was starting to sleep from 7:30-7. This past week she has been waking up at 3:30AM and is super loud moving her head back and forth and stretching open her mouth. She is showing us she is hungry and ends up needing 7 ounces before she is content! Idk if this is a growth spurt or if this is normal

I don’t mind waking to feed her at all but I also don’t want to create a bad habit

Answers

• I am no expert (mom of 1 16 month old), but mine woke up 2x a night until he was 8 months old and then 1x a night (3:30-4:30 sometime) until he was 12 months. He was always hungry. So that seems 100% normal, if not lucky, to me.

• Napervillemama
    edited November 16

If your pediatrician is ok with your baby’s weight and is ok with her sleeping through the night , then I would pull that feed and avoid creating a bad habit. It’s ok to feed. But a she’s getting close to those dreaded 4 months where their sleep habits tend to get harder to break. If it’s something a he’s just starting to do, the I would start her night routine with a feed, and maybe top her off right after her bath (before you put diaper and clothes on). And then hold the night feed. I would wait till she wakes up. Take a timer, and set it for 15 to 20 min, and only feed if she is REALLY fussy after then (only start timer after she start active crying, not just waking up or babbling fussily). Do it for a couple of nights. And remember, don’t follow a feeding schedule, follow a sleeping schedule and do :

wake up-> feed (after 10 min of being awake) -> play ->sleep.

good luck mama