Sleeping late..

Hey there

I got a 6month old thatvloves to go to sleep past 11pm..sometimes 12 at night sometimes even later..I tried all the suggestions put her down to sleep 15mins earlier everyday keeping the same routine but she would wake up at least once more when I try putting her down earlier ..Other than this she was always quite good at sleeping through the night so she will sleep 11pm to 10 am or 12 am to 11 am even 12 pm..is this normal?any advice?

Thank you

Answers

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

@Anca90 You know what, all babies are different! For most babies, their circadian rhythms are such that they are usually ready for bed between 6-8pm, but this is not true for all babies! it sounds like you have a night owl! If she is sleeping 10-12 hours at night and is happy during the day, I think you dont need to worry! The only time you might have an issues is if/when she needs to be up at a certain time in the morning for daycare/preschool. At that time you can think about bringing her bedtime earlier, but for now, if she is getting all the sleep she needs and the timing works for your family, go for it!

• Thank you very much for your reply..that is reassuring to know :)