Great at naps but bedtime is a STRUGGLE

My 4 month old has already gone through his regression (it was rough) and we are doing great with falling asleep on his own for naps (put down drowsy but awake). But come night time he fights going to sleep so bad. We have to go in and calm him multiple times, pat him and help him sooth to fall asleep, just to have him wake and cry again in 2 minutes. This happens over and over at least 5 times most nights. We have a great bedtime routine, bottle bath book and then bed. He is always tired when we put him down, but not over tired as far as I can tell.

He also wakes every 2-3 hours at night to feed. I don't know if this is really for the calories or more because he can't self soothe when he transitions from sleep cycles. I assume the later.

What can I do to have the same success at night as we do with naps?

Comments

• TaniaKazi
    TaniaKazi Member

Hi!

My baby is now 4 months old and has been sleeping through the night since about 2.5 months. I believe what has helped us is her “wake time” during the day. Once we started her on wake time being only 1.5 hours at a time and a cat nap of 30-45 before bed time (which is at 7pm) she has been sleeping like an angel. Once we took her her late night and middle of the night feedings away, under no circumstances have we fed her at night again. She eats 6oz every three hours starting at 7am, last feeding at 7pm. The sleep training that we have followed RELIGIOUSLY is “Moms on the go” maybe you can give it a try! Hope it works for you as well as it did for us.

• Kasgo
    Kasgo Member

Can you share what your nighttime routine looks like? What time do you do bath and bottle? I'm trying a similar feeding schedule and baby takes sometimes takes a bath between 6 and 6:30pm, then we do bottle at 7, which means he usually falls asleep to the bottle. I'm hearing that's not so great.

• dperez
    dperez Member

@TaniaKazi can you please Post a link to the “moms on the go” sleep training program? Is it a book/a website?

thanks

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

@MamaG curious to hear how you mastered naps for your baby... I have not been able to master that for my baby yet! What has worked well for you??