Poor audio issues

We have both versions of the nanit for our kids and we have no issues with the older version in our sons room but with the new version in our daughters room we’ve noticed 2 things; 1. We can barely hear the white noise on our daughters where with our sons we hear it loud and clear and 2. When she makes a noise or cries it sounds almost digital, it sounds horrible. Has anyone had this issue and found a way to fix it?

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @ChristineN - I'm sorry that you are having trouble with one of your Nanit cameras! The first thing that comes to mind in resolving audio issues is to try switching between 2.4GHz AND 5GHz - depending on the version and location of your Nanit, the band that works best for one unit may be different from the band that works for another unit.

Here's a blurb on that from our support article on improving your Nanit's connection (tip #6):

"Most modern routers support dual-band routing, which means they broadcast both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. Depending on where your Nanit is located, one network may offer a more dependable connection over the other. If you have both networks available, try switching between them to see if this improves Nanit’s connection.

Which band should I choose?

• Original Nanit camera - Use the 2.4GHz band for better performance. Make sure your phone is paired to your 2.4 GHz network before starting the pairing process.
    • Nanit Plus and Pro camera - Use the 5GHz band for best performance. Make sure your phone is paired to your 5GHz network before starting the pairing process.

To change Wi-Fi bands:

1. Open the Nanit app and tap on the camera you are looking to access.
    2. Tap your camera's settings.
    3. Tap 'Network'.
    4. Under 'Dual Band Networks', tap 'Wi-Fi Band'."

Let me know if that doesn't solve your audio issues and I can create a ticket with our support team to look at your daughter's camera and setup!

-Mackenzie

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi there @ChristineN, thank you for following up, I'm sorry that your issue has not been resolved yet. I have shared this with our support team to look into further, we will be in touch soon!