I don’t understand why my camera won’t pair!

I just purchased this monitor. It’s the pro version. Well I’ve been trying to put it to my phone for an hour now. It finally paired and then took me through all the steps to finish setting it up. I was able to add my husband and what not. So when I got in here it was basically making me pair it to my phone again. When I go to pair it, my blue light will be flashing on the camera so I’ll hit pair and then the light will just stop and it’ll say connection failed almost instantly. So 2 questions: (1) why won’t it pair this time? If I go to my settings, it’s connected but in the app it says it’s not. (2) will it make me pair every time I log in?

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Krissie I apologize this is happening, I can understand how frustrating this must be. I’ve linked below to some troubleshooting steps that may help identify your pairing issue, however, I can also have a member of our support team reach out to help you resolve this. Let me know!

https://support.nanit.com/hc/en-us/articles/235608468

• Ngochand
    Ngochand Member
    edited July 5
  • Ngochand
    Ngochand Member

My husband and I have been having the exact same issue plus we’ve been writing to the email address provided at the end of the error message multiple times and no one has replied to help us!! Frustrating and disappointing considering this is not a cheap product!!!

• This happened to me, I turned my router off, waiting 5mins and then connected it again and it worked! But I had to shut down the app on my phone too. I was trying to connect it for over 2 hours!

hope this works for you! X

• Ngochand
    Ngochand Member

We’ve done the router app and Bluetooth shutdown. Do we also need to shut down our phone? Very odd but could try because nothing seems to work. Wish someone could reach out form Nanit to help!!!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Ngochand I've escalated your case over to our support team! They should be reaching out to you very soon to help troubleshoot further.

• Jayme
    Jayme Member
    edited July 11

Weve been having pairing issues too… “network error 406”. The camera was working when we first set it up until I used the “new” turn off feature from my phone. Then it disconnected and hasn’t been able to pair since. We turned everything off and on. We reset everything and went through all the hoops doing the exact same steps over the phone with support, for them to say we need a new camera that they’ll replace if I have proof of purchase (I bought this off a friend who used it before me with no issues, so I don’t have it…) and if its within a year of purchase.. which its not. So basically its a dud and I paid for insights and now can’t even use them.. bought all the breathing wear for nothing. This was such a waste of money I expected so much more from this camera. The cheap camera I was using before this was more reliable than this.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Jayme I know you've been in touch with our support team, but I went ahead and submitted a case on your behalf to the team to see if there is something we are able to do for you to help resolve. Thanks for posting here and we'll be in touch soon!

• SK3
    SK3 Member

My camera was working wonderfully, then we moved it down to the living room with that travel stand momentarily. Now it won’t turn on, pair or just work? It was perfectly fine before. We’ve tried it in all different outlets and next to the modem. So confused and frustrated. It seems like the restart button is jammed or doesn’t do anything? Help! We’ve only been using ours since we brought the baby home about a month ago.

• elte156
    elte156 Member

We were in the same boat; keep getting ”Network error 406" and we found a solution that worked for us.

We take our camera between our house and in-laws house. That's obviously 2 different WiFi networks it connects to and it never had an issue. Just plug in the power cable and it automatically connects to the network.

It just so happens that this week we were getting the network error. Trying to re-pair the camera back on the in-laws network failed every time.

So I went to their WiFi router/modem in the basement, disconnected the power plug, waited 30 seconds, and then plugged it back in. Now the camera is able to see and connect to the network automatically.

This is NOT a nanit camera issue. It's your own WiFi equipment. Low quality routers and modems need to be restarted once in awhile, especially if it's a modem you're renting from your internet company.

• Purchased Nanit from Amazon 30/06/21, setup made sure all is well before bub came. Been using for a week now. Last night camera would not display, saying therr was an issue connecting. Reset modem, reinstalled app, attempted to pair Nanit, would not connect, displaying "network error 406" Done some looking around online, it appears to be a fault with the unit, can I please get some assistance with this matter? Thank you.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@MichaelF88 I went ahead and escalated this to our support team so they are able to take a look at your specific issue a bit closer and resolve this ASAP.

• Hi. Any update on this? After reset also the camera doesn't pair. I have raised a ticket as well