Starting solids

When do you recommend starting solids, and what’s your take on purées vs baby led weaning?

When do you suggest trying out high allergy foods (such as peanuts, eggs, etc)?

Best Answer

• KrupaPlayforthMD
    KrupaPlayforthMD Member, Expert
    Answer ✓

@Andys I love this question! I am going to do a series of posts on introducing solids (and allergens) and BLW vs purees in the coming weeks! It is too much to address in this forum, but I will briefly say: every baby is different, and there is no single "right" answer here. The data does support early introduction of allergenic foods for infants at high risk for food allergies. I collaborated with several other experts on a BLW book and we have a specific guide on how to prepare the common allergens (book is called "101 before one" - my little one is 5.5 months old and I'll be chronicling some of our adventures with solids in the coming weeks using the recipe book!)

Answers

• KrupaPlayforthMD
    KrupaPlayforthMD Member, Expert
    Answer ✓

@Andys I love this question! I am going to do a series of posts on introducing solids (and allergens) and BLW vs purees in the coming weeks! It is too much to address in this forum, but I will briefly say: every baby is different, and there is no single "right" answer here. The data does support early introduction of allergenic foods for infants at high risk for food allergies. I collaborated with several other experts on a BLW book and we have a specific guide on how to prepare the common allergens (book is called "101 before one" - my little one is 5.5 months old and I'll be chronicling some of our adventures with solids in the coming weeks using the recipe book!)