Nanit Update

Is anyone having connectivity issues after updating the Nanit app? I can’t seem to get our camera to reconnect. Our router is saying the camera is connected and online but I can’t get the app to show video,

Answers

• Kris
    Kris Member

Yes I did. I tried a lot unplugging it and resetting it. I selected add replace a camera in the setting menu and did the setup again which fixed it

• Thanks! I’ve tried all of those and nothing seems to be working. Now it won’t even recognize our network. We have other devices connecting to our network with no issue so it’s not the router

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@HaroldsMom I will escalate this over to our support team so they can take a closer look at what might be causing this for you. We'll be in touch soon!

• Yes! This is happening to us and we have tried to reconnect to wifi. Now my daughter is sleeping and we don’t want to wake her up by going in to unplug it and try that 😭 this has been happening quite a bit lately with our camera not connecting.

• @Dplags We're going on day 5 of no camera connection here. 😥 I've tried everything in the books and talked over the phone with customer service. From what I've read on the community threads it seems to be a common issue right now. The only thing I can think of is that this might be related to the newest Nanit or Apple iOS update. All of these issues seemed to have started after the updates were pushed through. I'm hopeful we can get ours fixed this week! I'll keep you updated! Hopefully you can get yours fixed as well!

• ADe
    ADe Member

Day 3 of no connection to Nanit Pro.

Only brand new and has been working fine for the past 3 weeks until now.

Nanit support suggested rebooting camera (35 second button hold), deleting app, rebooting router etc. Have done all this and still am unable to add the camera to the app again.

Am able to connect initially via Bluetooth but then when I input WIFI details it comes up with a “Network Error 404”.

Haven't heard anything further from Nanit support. Hoping for an update/resolution soon.

• @Dplags and @ADe Good News! After a few days of emailing back and fourth with Nanit they were able to get our camera replaced for free. I'm so happy they could as we love this camera! I really didn't want to shell out $150 to replace our camera so I'm so glad they could do this. Hopefully they will do the same if your cameras are also not working as they should. I know we were outside of the one year warranty and that was an issue but I expressed my concern that camera malfunction was not due to our own personal use and was more so on the manufacturer. Good luck and hopefully this information helps! ❤️

• Hi, which version of the nanit did you have? I am scared to download the new iOS 15 as I don’t want to have any issues with my nanit.

Thank you!

• @Kylara We have the Nanit Plus

• I’m having the same exact to the T issue. Going on day 3 no camera! It’s frustrating.. WiFi has been rebooted, camera has been rebooted. It’s been working fine for the past year. November 6th is when it stopped working. I do have IOS 15.1.. not sure if that’s the problem, if it is how do I go back to an old IOS update?? I’ve tried everything! I’m sooooo over it !!!!!!!

• @Merrie I think it may have had to do with the fact that we were forcing our Nanit to connect to 5GHz. You can do that in the Network Settings. We were having issues with it disconnecting a lot and we have a mesh router. Nanit recommends that you do this with mesh routers if you're having connectivity issues. When we got our new camera I played around with it and I tried 5GHz again and got the same problem, no connection. I had to reset it to factory defaults which brought it back to the Auto connection in Network settings and it connected with no problems. They pushed through an update for the app two days ago and I tried switching to 5GHz today and had no problems this time getting it to connect. I'm not sure if this is where the problem lies but a lot of my issues seemed to point towards this. The issue did not seem to be our router either as other devices were connecting without a problem and to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network.

Hopefully this information helps you! We were able to get a replacement outside of the one year warranty but it was only for the Nanit Plus (not the newer model, which was a bummer). Good luck!